NA Dishwasher Issue NA

mattaxelrod

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Matt
For a long time, our dishwasher stinks--literally.

I have done everything I can think of. I have cleaned the hell out of it. I have taken apart anything I can take apart (admittedly not that much) and cleaned it. I have used every kind of deodorizer possible. I have used vinegar and baking soda. No improvement.

Is this something an appliance repair guy can address? I would gladly pay for the service call if it would solve this problem.

There is probably some kind of filter covering the drain. Check for trapped food.

Is it a sewer smell or rotten food smell? Could be an issue of your house plumbing vent outlets clogged somewhere along the way and your sewer and sink drains are venting back out through the dishwasher drain since they typically do not have traps like your sink or shower to prevent the odor form coming back up.

The drain line has to be a high loop to keep crap from the sink or garbage disposal from back flowing to the dishwasher.

Check the drain hose and make it go up to just under the countertop on the way to the sink so the garf can't flow back.

Matt, likely food in the filter and or water line from the dishwasher to the disposal. you could fix it or an appliance guy or plumber.

Dishwashers don't have macerators anymore. Check the screens. Most new dishwashers prompt you to check the filters, sometimes when they aren't restricted.

I bought wifey a Miele. It props the door open when it's finished. No more mildew from a closed dishwasher. Lovin it.

Back