[NA] Different "miles to empty" on every fill up

I really don't like technology in cars. This thing was over the top with automation and other stuff that just drove me nuts. It kept taking over my phone without my permission. I literally showed my wife look I'm turning Bluetooth off on my phone and it just turns it right back on.

Seriously I am old school when it comes to cars the only thing I like is to turn on Waze and let the nice lady tell me which way to turn
That's your phone. The car can't tell your phone to do anything unless Bluetooth is on and paired.

But does it have the optional 6-disc changer in the back seat driver's side cubby (before they went to the 4-door SuperCab)?

Back seat? Do you think I’m rich? :)

It’s a no frills, bench seat, long bed work truck that I bought off the construction company that I used to work for. Every time I think I should get something new, I see the prices they are asking and decide to just keep driving what I’ve got.

It’s a no frills, bench seat, long bed work truck that I bought off the construction company that I used to work for. Every time I think I should get something new, I see the prices they are asking and decide to just keep driving what I’ve got.

Nothing wrong with that. My father bought a '98 SuperCab Lariat new in '99. He probably should have bought the '99 since that's when they added the 4th door, but I digress. Theis one had the optional 6-disc changer put beside the backseat and it was a contortionist act to reach it in order to swap out the cassette for difference CDs. I believe they moved the CD changer into the center console in later years to fix that access problem. It was a great truck and never skipped a beat. I traded him my car for that truck when I was in college and later sold it to buy a newer F-150 even though there was absolutely nothing wrong with the '98.

We've taken on a foster daughter so for awhile, we are a family of 5.

You are a deity for taking on a foster child. Find me at Oshkosh and I’ll buy your first, second, third, and Nth beer at SOS.

Last edited:

I’ve seen this truck. It is a no-nonsense, manly truck. Not one of those $70k poser trucks the owner would never consider loading with a bucket of gravel.

You are a deity for taking on a foster child. Find me at Oshkosh and I’ll buy your first, second, third, and Nth beer at SOS.

Hey, I fostered a dog once….

For part of the drive, I was in that eco mod where I was trying to keep my foot in the exact spot to get the most fuel economy trying to stay above 22 MPG For the rest of the drive, I just set the cruise control to 90 and was averaging around 15 MPG

My 2020 F-150 is like that ... cruise control is worse than manually controlling speed, gaining a little on a downhill for the next uphill run like the old truckers ...

It was $900 to rent it from Thursday through Monday

Holy SMOKES!:eek: I didn't realize rentals pricing got that BAD:confused:

Unless of course it is down for maintenance; then you get a pass. Maybe I missed a post.

Thought it was because all the nasty high winds we're getting here in the west recently, but saw his message about fostering a child after this quote ....

I just want back my manual HVAC controls in the car. Where I can move a knob to select how warm or cold the airflow is through the vents, regardless of the cabin temp.

And don’t get me started about the push-button, console mounted, transmission mode (PRNDL) selector in the Honda minivan we’re currently renting on a trip.

Chrysler Corp. vehicles had push button transmissions in the late 1950s. People hated them back then. I’m not surprised that the attitude hasn’t changed much…. Look for this feature to disappear in a year or two.

-Skip

My "daily" is a '97 Chevy pickup. What "tech" it once had (power locks, radio, intermittent wipers) has ceased working.

My wife has a 2021 Pacifica. Heated everything, lane assist, giant infotainment screen, built in web enabled guidance. Has a spinny knob for the gearshift too... works just fine. I mean you touch it twice per drive; is it really that hard?

I stole her car for my 8 hour drive yesterday. Adaptive cruise control is the best thing to happen to cars since regular cruise control.

Next time you need a lot of space... don't overlook the vans. They are super comfy, practical, and usually substantially cheaper than the "suv's". I got 32 mpg yesterday.... although I also didn't drive 90 ya friggin maniac...

Back