NA Colloidal Silver

Let'sgoflying!

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Taylor
An MD has prescribed it (orally) for a family member.
It has been a while since I've read about it, and don't have time to thoroughly investigate it now - thought someone here might have have the recent scoop.
Other than turning a person permanently blue and having some antimicrobial activity, I know nothing about it.

Used in external wound care to stop infection, but don't know of any internal use.
And the efficacy of that is pretty much determined to be no better than your average alginate wet dressings or most anything else.

perfect, thanks
this person has not had health probs resolved by mainstream medicine and as might be expected, is looking afield. Not thrilled.

I know someone who's decided to try "alternative medicine" instead of having a frakkin heart bypass. Not impressed here either. But I told him so (did my part) and he can decide for himself.

P.S. not a pilot.

I know someone who's decided to try "alternative medicine" instead of having a frakkin heart bypass. Not impressed here either. But I told him so (did my part) and he can decide for himself.

P.S. not a pilot.
Let me guess.... Uh, chelation therapy?

Have a patient who fell for colloidal silver. She took so much over a protracted period that her skin color is that of a corpse. Not pleasant at all. Nothing I can do for her.

One of the links above stated "silver is an antiseptic, not an antibiotic."

Don't confuse the two. Sounds like the OP's Doc needs a little continuing education. -Skip

To paraphrase a line from TV show: "I thought you had a medical degree from Columbia?" "I do. Now I need one from America"

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back