[NA]Class Action Members[NA]

Let'sgoflying!

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Taylor
Every now and again I receive a card or letter in the mail; some company is being sued by a class for a real or perceived wrong...usually I have noticed nothing adverse personally about the service or product.
This time its a mower; the settlement is over a claim that the lawnmowers had less HP than advertised.

I usually pitch them, but wonder..... if I don't lay claim to the offered $75, does the law firm get my settlement amount, or does the defendant get to keep it?

Did you notice your lawnmower to be weaker than you anticipated ? Do you feel wronged by the manufacturer ?

The company that got scammed out of a lot of money here is going to be able to keep your $75 if you don't claim it. By not claiming it, you also diminish the scamsters share of the take.

The company that got scammed out of a lot of money here is going to be able to keep your $75 if you don't claim it. By not claiming it, you also diminish the scamsters share of the take.

Good to know! Thanks.

Now, was that real horsepower or Sears horsepower?

By not claiming it, you also diminish the scamsters share of the take.
Yabut there usually is a stipulated amount (of xx millions of dollars) to be paid to the attorneys who brought the suit. This even though the respondants admit to no wrong doing. It's sickening and it's legalized extortion. I suppose it becomes a cost of doing business to be passed onto future customers.:mad3:

And, because the way it's worded, by doing nothing you are part of the class. If I read it correctly you have to take action to opt out of the class. But to collect your share you would have to make a written claim within the specified time to respond. I've noticed most often your share would be a cents off coupon or something fairly insignificant. They get "their" money either way.

What Richard said. The fees paid to class counsel (if "class" can apply!) are usually fixed, based upon some hypothetical total damages model.

Back