[NA]Cellphone text spam now?[NA]

Let'sgoflying!

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Taylor
grr,
I am getting spam texts via cellphone now, how did they get my number, how to stop it?

grr,
I am getting spam texts via cellphone now, how did they get my number, how to stop it?

Some carriers have SMS spam blocking in place. You may want to try calling your carrier to see if you can have those numbers blocked from spamming you. Unfortunately, T-Mobile does not have any such service available.

About every cellphone can be addressed as 9995551212@cellcompany.com

Spammers can use a dictionary attack (trying 1210, 1211, 1212... ) to keep at it.

I wonder why we don't get more spam. It may be that cellphone spam has been outlawed. In may case it costs me like 15 cents a message.

i just had a skip tracer call my cellphone. I told him not to call again. I think that's illegal, too.

Last edited:
They are offering....unmentionable things. "Go to my website to get some....."
I will have to turn messaging off if this keeps up.
I can block individual numbers from my phone but that is an E. In F.

Its ATT ex-Cingular.

Thank you.

Yeah, I didn't even know I had text messaging until I got an ad for some, eh, um, uh... interesting apparatus for, um, romantic purposes. I called Verizon and disabled the text messaging. Almost no one has my cell number, anyway; and I would get arthritis trying to type a message on that little keypad.

Rich

Back