[NA] Camera lenses

Sigh. And I'm sitting here pricing out the jump to HD-Video Recording, editing. I have the display stuff... $$$s.

bbchien said:
Sigh. And I'm sitting here pricing out the jump to HD-Video Recording, editing. I have the display stuff... $$$s.

HD Editing is very affordable if you use a Mac. Apples free iMovie handle HD just fine. Of course you will need a serial IDE drive to handle the 150 Mbits throughput but that's standard on the G5's. You should be able to put a complete system together, including a sony camera for $6000. Add Apple's pro editing software, Final Cut, and the cost is $7000. You can do it for a lot less but you would be limited in your drive space and real time effects. I can see a workable system for $1900, without a camera. And, being a Mac it will just work. Of course you wont have access to all that Windows software, like the viruses, spyware and trojan horses.

Wait to this summer and Apple will include bundled Blue Laser DVD burners (Opps, don't repeat that).

Go into any editing house these days and its wall to wall Apple G5's. Poor Avid.

corjulo said:
Wait to this summer and Apple will include bundled Blue Laser DVD burners (Opps, don't repeat that).

Go into any editing house these days and its wall to wall Apple G5's. Poor Avid.

Tell me more, tell me more :)

corjulo said:
HD Editing is very affordable if you use a Mac. Apples free iMovie handle HD just fine. Of course you will need a serial IDE drive to handle the 150 Mbits throughput but that's standard on the G5's. You should be able to put a complete system together, including a sony camera for $6000. Add Apple's pro editing software, Final Cut, and the cost is $7000. You can do it for a lot less but you would be limited in your drive space and real time effects. I can see a workable system for $1900, without a camera. And, being a Mac it will just work. Of course you wont have access to all that Windows software, like the viruses, spyware and trojan horses.

I see this, Dan.

Back