[NA] Broadcast spreaders vs. sprayers [NA]

gdwindowpane

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
gdwindowpane
Looking into getting either a towed boom type sprayer or commercial broadcast spreader.

I have about 3.5 acres of grass. I have a cheap walk behind broadcast spreader that I use for the smaller areas and a cheap tow able broadcast spreader for the larger areas. Problem with the walk behind is that when I hit a bump/root, etc. an excessive amount of fertilizer/weed control comes out and burns spots into my lawn. The towed broadcast works okay but has the same problem The other problem i have with broadcast spreaders is that the weeds must be wet for the weed control to stick to. So I have to time the application to right after a rain with no further rain forecasted for a couple of days.

I'm thinking that a liquid sprayer might be the solution to my problems. Wondering if anyone has experience with both and what their opinions are. If I stick with the broadcast spreader I will purchase a more "commercial" version with pneumatic tires that might soften the bumps and not release an exorbitant amount of product.

Any thoughts and/or advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Chris

Back