[NA] Be the olive branch

saracelica

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
saracelica
Tis the season. Did a friend/acquaintance ghost you. Its covid season after all. This is the time to extend the olive branch. Maybe extend an apology to someone it could make a difference to them and you.

I reconnected with a friend I haven't seen in two years. Was he trying to ghost me? For those of you who have me on ignore is guess you're answer is yes. Turns out no he's just lazy and thought we didn't have anything in common anymore.

Speaking of ignore lists on this thing maybe relook at that list. People change.

Merry Christmas y'all.

I did a Zoom call with my High School water polo coach yesterday. He has done a "Christmas Eve workout with Coach" for alumni every year since he started coaching/teaching. I've never been able to make it, even in years I was in town to see the parents, since they were divorced and my father got Eve and my mother got day.

Anyway, with the Covid-19 thing he took it virtual so I was able to join, as were many other people I know from oh so many years ago.

I hadn't talked to Coach, or most of the other alumni since I graduated in 1984.

It was very cool.

Relative to the thread: There was one guy, I'll call him Matt (because his name is Matt) who got a little political about why he left SoCal for Reno, NV (*gasp*). When his rant ended I said, "It took almost 40 years, but this is the first time I've agreed with Matt." Some laughter followed.

Merry Christmas

This is a lonely time for people. Seasonal depression is a real thing.

Several single co workers struggled during the beginning of covid-19 when we were laid off. Everyone needs a friend.

Some of its related to political views, too. I've had a couple of so-called friends ghost or delete me because I didn't agree with their politics lock, stock, and barrel. Unfortunate to lose friends but in the end it's been much more peaceful for me not having to see the far-edge politics every day.

Note this post is related to friendships and the reason for ghosting, not politics, so let's keep it that way.

I pretty much never discuss politics with anyone... not even those with whom I agree. Not even with my wife.

It’s never the wrong time to reach out to friends, former friends, or family members with whom your relationship may have taken a wrong turn... but this is certainly a good time.

I pretty much never discuss politics with anyone... not even those with whom I agree. Not even with my wife.

It’s never the wrong time to reach out to friends, former friends, or family members with whom your relationship may have taken a wrong turn... but this is certainly a good time.

I have no problem discussing the forbidden topics such as politics, religion, morality, & eternity. These are the essential things that people need to discuss but public message boards are not the place for in-depth conversations on these and many other items.

I'm blessed that I wake up happy. Life's just too short to walk around looking for things to be depressed about. Do I have difficult days? Of course! But when you do, take the time to list your concerns and look at that list next week and see that most of what you were stressing over had either gone away or changed.

Here's a word to consider:

If you don't stress over it and it never happens you don't suffer,
If you don't stress over it and it happens you suffer once,
If you stress over it and don't happen you suffer once,
If you stress over it and it happens you suffer twice ...

FWIW

Okay, I took you off of ignore, Sara.

(Right, like I even know where the ignore feature is.)

if anyone wants to reach out and apologize to me, I accept!

if anyone wants to reach out and apologize to me, I accept!

Dear Eric. I apologize for thinking so highly of you in the past. I will strive to not make such a foolish mistake in the future. :)

Back