NA Autohide of Ipad bookmarks? NA

Let'sgoflying!

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Taylor
On my wife's Ipad, when you click a bookmark, the book mark panel automatically disappears and it takes you to the selected site.
On mine (same ipad, same OS version), the bookmark panel stays put, annoyingly so.
Is there a setting to control this?

Mike thanks for looking that up.
It is the vertical strip at the left that I am on about:

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    311.1 KB · Views: 23
Have you checked within the iPad settings? Go there, scroll down to Safari. Compare what you behave to your wife's pad. It might be "Show Favorites Bar".

image.png

Dave... are the bookmarks you want to hid along the left side?

Then post #4 should cover it. Yes?

The answer to this is that you get 'Autohide Favorites' (my term) in Portrait mode, note Landscape mode on the ipad. There are no user adjustments available

I have Show Favorites Bar turned off in "Settings" btw, no change

yes - circled:
LGF - When I looked at your screen shot I don't see the address bar. ON mine, next to the address bar, there is an icon of a book that toggles the left pane on and off. If the icon is solid blue, the left pane is on, blue outline left pane is off.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    564.3 KB · Views: 5
LGF - When I looked at your screen shot I don't see the address bar.

It's probably just cut off as it was not important to my question.

ON mine, next to the address bar, there is an icon of a book that toggles the left pane on and off. If the icon is solid blue, the left pane is on, blue outline left pane is off.

Right, I think that is a universal button everyone has.

The thread is about getting that 'left pane' (favorites) to automatically disappear after selecting one of the favorites. Happens in Portrait but not Landscape (and I only like Landscape :( )

Back