NA - Archer Dreamland

Tantalum

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
San_Diego_Pilot
Been watching Archer since its debut and always loved it, seasons 1, 2 and 3 were the best, since then it's gone slightly downhill but still good for a laugh and entertainment

This week's premier of the "spin off" (fine, I know it's his coma sequence) I couldn't make it through, shut it off after about 15 minutes of what felt like flat and forced writing

It was just missing something. It focused too hard on being film noir on the surface that it felt like its soul was gone

Reading online reviews I know many loved it, so I'm probably in the minority...

Anyone here watch Archer and agree, disagree?

It was ... OK.

For the amount of time they had between seasons to come up with something, I expected better. But I'll still watch it all season through.

They finally did recognize Woodhouse, though, he's been missed.

I just binged watch the last season (7) to get caught up and wasn't impressed with it. I've noticed a bit of drop off since the running cocaine season.

For the amount of time they had between seasons to come up with something, I expected better.
Maybe that's part of it, all the ads I kept seeing had my hopes pretty high

I just binged watch the last season (7) to get caught up and wasn't impressed with it
Same here, I agree. The "Figgis Agency" was kind of a low point, but still had its funny moments and I still enjoyed watching it, it still had the soul of the show.. but no dice on Dreamland so far

Favorite episode: "Terms of Enrampagement"

Then there was the whole re-write that happened when their company, "International Secret Intelligence Service", had to be scrapped when the other "ISIS" started getting all the bad press on the news.

I enjoyed it. It wasnt like the early stuff I'll agree, but some of the writing was pretty good. The missus and I chuckled a few times. Seemed like the last 10 minutes it finally got going. The Asian hostages and after were entertaining.

Back