NA and RANTY- Android ringtones to iphone with NO itunes?

Jim Rosenow

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Jim Rosenow
So...it's probably just me being obstreperous...

My sister gave me an old (7plus) iphone she didn't need any more. I've previously been an android kinda guy other than a couple ipads for FF. So....I loaded my icloud account onto it, and been playing. Figured out how to move accounts around/over, contacts, pics, etc, blah blah blah.

Kinda liking some of the security features they're putting in the iOS, so thinking of switching to the iphone for my Verizon account, as a half-way measure to a new iphone, and was gonna move my ringtones. Off to Google....

GoogleFu pretty much says it's a no-go without itunes....huh? Well, OK...I'll go look. Off to itunes.com...tada....first page out of the box on itunes is..."you want to download the 64-bit OR 32-bit copy of itunes for Window?" No place else to go on the site....nada. Er, um..."none of the above" says I on my Linux Mint machine. ....and THOSE are the options?? Well...shoot....only got one Windows machine (and that only cause the RXP GTN's require it for XPlane/ Garmin Trainer) and NOT messing with that setup.....quite sucky!....and apparently itunes is a subscription service (again...obstreperously, I've never paid for such foolishness) ?

Attached the iphone to the Mint USB and it found iPhone/DCIM/100APPLE with a half-dozen .jpg's in it, and 'Documents on Jim's iPhone with subs for FFox, FFlight, GoPro, and Kindle, all pretty much empty. Converting the mp3's to ACC format is easily done, but then what? Nothing helpful on the app store.

Any ideas, you iGeeks? Thanks!

Jim

Oh....and why post this on an aviation site?....cause I don't want the crap I'd take on an Apple site. :)

Thanks Ron.....I had forgotten about that thread...shoulda' searched!

I had anticipated that by now I'd be buried in easy ways to move ringtones.....huh!!!!

Jim

Back