NA Ahh, freaks are fun NA

denverpilot

Tied Down
Display Name

Display name:
DenverPilot
Just a couple of photos of many of the folks wandering around the Denver Tech Center today...

Parasol pink-hair girl... (I didn't snap the photo fast enough to catch her all-black dressed boyfriend with bright yellow hair, or her friend with green hair and fishnets...)

9ema3a6y.jpg

And Mr. Ears and Tail...

a7evetyv.jpg

And some kinda martial arts or nuns or something.

enuta7yn.jpg

And another couple of furries...

5ehatyre.jpg

They were all enjoying their delicious lunches from Wendy's.

I guess I missed my invite to the Convention.

If you find those people worthy of photos and internet positing, you obviously spend little time at University campuses or Walmart.

Nate, you're ready for a trip to Dayton for the Hamvention.

My son goes to these anime conventions. It's an interesting culture. Probably the nicest group of people you could meet.

Denver, if you're ever in the area, I'm going to take you on a tour of the Haight district in San Francisco!

Been there. Seen the scooters and the scary bathrooms of Hara Arena.

Also just happened to run into these guys at dinner and picked up a "40 WPM pen" from them that's around here somewhere. Haha.

http://www.hamsexy.com
My only experience there has been as a vendor, three years in a row. Money or no, I doubt we'll go back. Orlando Hamcation sounds much nicer, and I hear Friedrichshafen is lovely in the early summer.

Denver, if you're ever in the area, I'm going to take you on a tour of the Haight district in San Francisco!

Or take him up to Berkeley.

The Naked Guy is gone, but the Hate Man is still there.

Denver, that's really tame....you'll find more than that, even in Boulder.

Denver, that's really tame....you'll find more than that, even in Boulder.

Seen 'em. It's because I'm *in* Denver that it was even interesting. Not shocked or anything though. Sheesh.

More of a "hey, look... don't see that in the Financial District very often" kinda thing, that weirded out by costumes. I've seen better. ;)

(Denver Tech Center has almost zero Tech. An unfortunate naming mistake and Marketing disaster, really. If you want to find the people working for the so-called 1%, they're slaving away in their pretty suits here in DTC. They give us techies with our jeans on, all sorts of strange looks. Heheh. Of course they're also driving Bentleys. The crowd in my building isn't quite as superficial and vain as a couple blocks away, but we do have six "Hybrid Car Only" parking spots. The day I was driving dad's 1999 GMC Suburban HD 2500 with his Vietnam Vet plates on it, I thought seriously about covering four of those spots and seeing if the whiners called building management. Hahaha. They'd be torn between being angry the never-used Hybrid spots were blocked by an evil gas guzzler and their desire not to screw with a Vet, I'm sure. Would have been quite entertaining.)

It's an anime convention, BTW. And I'm standing outside talking to some of the attendees. They say "10th largest in the U.S.". One dude is in a toga with a sword, the other is in a black robe with a mask and black contact lenses, and the girl is in some kind of martial arts outfit with something akin to Pokemon backpack. They're nice folks. No issues here.

Probably couldn't get through an airport with all their swords these days, though. ;)

I am so relieved that none of the Bay area members have not offered to take you to the Castro District.....not that there is anything wrong with that... :nono:

Even the Castro is tame compared to Haight or Telegraph.

So, two guys walk down the street holding hands. BFD.

There are some "interesting" outfits sometimes, but can you really compare them to a deranged old guy wearing women's underwear on the outside of his "regular" clothes, telling everyone he meets how much he hates them?

Heh. Seen similar. I lived in Chicago and worked at a homeless shelter, after all...

The best part about Chicago weather was that it'd chase weirdos indoors eventually. Even die-hards. Usually that would be inside the shelter. We'd be all stocked up on crazy when it got cold. ;) ;) ;)

Burning Man.

Nothing comes close.....

(OBTW, they have a temp airport there for those wanting to fly in)

Dude! Get a lens!

Hahah. It was the iPad and I was acting like I was using it.

I'm pretty sure the Sony A55 with the long lens on it would have attracted more attention than I was going for. Haha.

Just zoom and crop. Haha. I was too pressed for time to bother and forgot I have that feature now, actually.

Haha.

Back