NA. Adjustable mattresses? Any first hand users? Any mattress suggestions?

Huckster79

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Huckster79
My wife and I have decided it’s time for a new bed! After 3 days away my shoulder doesn’t hurt for first time in months - and we’ve just realized how worn out n too stiff it is.

we snack in bed a lot watching TV when we lounge at night so we’re thinking adjustable would be cool. A little worried the independent adjustable we may beep the crack?

just looking for input from those that have them? Also any inputs on a mattress to buy or avoid?

Had Tempurpedics for several years. Switched to a Sleep Number with a motorized base. Liked it so much we bought another Sleep Number for house #2.

I have one. I don't like it. It doesn't bend where I do. And I can't sleep on my side or stomach on it.

I have one. I don't like it. It doesn't bend where I do. And I can't sleep on my side or stomach on it.

even when it’s put flat you can’t?

Zero G is awesome for watching TV or reading. Or just tilt the head up if fighting a cold. There’s a snore setting that wife uses sometimes, or so she tells me! Going to flat is simple.

Don’t have experience withan adjustable angle bed, but we did have a Sleep Number clone. I absolutely hated it. There was no comfortable enough setting. An air mattress doesn’t have support anything like a spring mattress. I now have a Serta with the cooling top and it’s worlds better.

King size Aireloom with adjustable base. No split in the mattress, the adjustable bases are sync’d thru hardwire connection. Owned this setup for two years now and absolutely worth it. Zero G for tv time, them get stretched going to lie flat mode.

Also does massage feature which we’ve found helps us fall asleep much faster.

even when it’s put flat you can’t?
Of course when it's put flat I can, but then why did I buy an adjustable. I have breathing problems that require that I sleep on my side.

I'm not arguing with you. I'm chastising myself for making a purchase that is not right for me.

We bought a new mattress a couple years back with an adjustable base. No split, a single queen mattress. I don’t regret not getting the separate mattresses, but we do at times find that she wants the head or feet higher than I do. Overall though I’m happy with it. If you’re picky about mattresses, though, they can get crazy expensive. And that’s not even ponying up the extra for a Sleep Number, which we had in a hotel once and were not impressed with at all.

We bought a king size Purple III. We both love love love love it. I'm also a side sleeper. Sprung for the tempurpedic pillows. Were like 100 a piece, but so damn worth it.

For the bashers, Sleep Number has several different models. My first one is the M7 model with tempur foam and the newer one is the newer similar model. I tried them all. The two current top end models are awesome. It was hard to decide but I’m sure happy with what I have. That was especially true through both hip replacements. The tempurpedics are in our guest rooms. Guests don’t complain about those but they don’t know what they’re missing!

We have a split top king with adjustable bases. Absolutely love it. The Crack has never been a big issue. 2.5 years.

Have tempurpedics and sleep numbers. Using the tempurpedic now and it's good. Sleep numbers are just as good. What's nice with the sleep number is the adjustable firmness. At the end of the day the beet mattress for you is what is most comfortable. Try it out in the store. Also you get what you pay for. But then again I can sleep almost anywhere in any position.

Back