N99 is no more...

RotaryWingBob

En-Route
Gone West
Display Name

Display name:
iHover
For those planning a flight to West Chester, PA, Brandywine is now KOQN.

I would imagine that METARS will be available in the near future.

I just got all new Jep plates in the mail last week with the new name on em. The problem is my Airmap 300 still has all the old info and no way to update it :(

Just gotta love the choice in identifiers KOQN? What about KBWN or KBRN or KBDW something that is remotley like Brandywine has got to be available When Wings field went to KLOM we were like Huh outermarker? What nuthin closer to Wings say KWNG or KWNI oh boy.

Just gotta love the choice in identifiers KOQN? What about KBWN or KBRN or KBDW something that is remotley like Brandywine has got to be available When Wings field went to KLOM we were like Huh outermarker? What nuthin closer to Wings say KWNG or KWNI oh boy.

I would have even preferred KQVC, Adam. And Bob, you scared me for a moment there. ;)

Bob- you scared me too.

BTW-VWR (big lab supply company) must be to your left (looking at your avatar). I sat in their conference rooms many times looking at the planes come in.

I would have even preferred KQVC, Adam. And Bob, you scared me for a moment there. ;)

I like KQVC, Anthony!

To my knowledge we had no input into the process -- it's a mouthful too -- oscar-quebec-november. I guess I'll get used to it...

I got your attention, though, didn't I :D

Like the folks at Wings, we own the airport, so it can't be sold or anything without a vote of the stockholders. And it'd be a cold day in hell before that happens :no:

My guess for Wings - K LOwer Montgomery county.

KOQN - A mystery to me. Maybe Octaroro Q N - any creeks around that start with Q or N?

First an AWOS, now a K-name? Brandywine's turning into a real airport!

I just got all new Jep plates in the mail last week with the new name on em. The problem is my Airmap 300 still has all the old info and no way to update it :(

Seems like those of us with a solid airmap 300 are pretty much out of luck when it comes to upgrading the data base. Not unless you have identified a method or resource to do it.... really sucks!

John

I like KQVC, Anthony!

To my knowledge we had no input into the process -- it's a mouthful too -- oscar-quebec-november. I guess I'll get used to it...

I got your attention, though, didn't I :D

Like the folks at Wings, we own the airport, so it can't be sold or anything without a vote of the stockholders. And it'd be a cold day in hell before that happens :no:

Bob, did they change the unicom frequency yet? Or will it stay the same?

Back