N1CK is taken!!

SkyHog

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Everything Offends Me
Someday, I will buy an airplane. And I thought it would be mighty slick to have N1CK as the tail number. Some dude in Illinois (I understand we're not supposed to post names or addresses here, so I won't) already has it.

Anyone wanna help me out and "convince" him to release N1CK so I can reserve it?

DISCLAIMER: Of course - the preceeding was all Tongue in Cheek. Please don't hurt him.

I always thought it would be funny to have something with "EEE" in it. You could say it like you were in a canyon or something.

Let'sgoflying! said:
I always thought it would be funny to have something with "EEE" in it. You could say it like you were in a canyon or something.

An airplane salesman told me once that BMW (which makes automobiles in my county) had N13MW reserved. I never verified that.

Let'sgoflying! said:

NEEEE

"We want a shrubbery"

some dude named Randall Porter owns 13MW.

That would be cool tho

NickDBrennan said:
Anyone wanna help me out and "convince" him to release N1CK so I can reserve it?

DISCLAIMER: Of course - the preceeding was all Tongue in Cheek. Please don't hurt him.

All it takes is money, Nick. Everything has a price.

Greg Bockelman said:
What he said.

I see no problem Nick. A '66 Bonanza oughtta fit you mision profile, just fine :D

Last edited:
I've been trying to come up with a good N-number for when I paint my Tiger. I was thinking something ending in my initials, WG, might work, but I haven't come up with anything good yet. I'm open to suggestions...!

BillG said:
I've been trying to come up with a good N-number for when I paint my Tiger. I was thinking something ending in my initials, WG, might work, but I haven't come up with anything good yet. I'm open to suggestions...!
Birth year? XX Bravo Golf? (Or would that be XX Whiskey Golf)?

Yeah, I could do BG too, but I liked the way WG flowed better. Actually, if I end with 2WG I like the way that flows too... "twowhiskey golf" but it doesn't actually mean very much - seems like a customized N-number should have more meaning to it, ya know?

BillG said:
When I built my experimental I did my anniversary date: N524CG. I know it's not too creative but I haven't forgotten my anniversary date since. :)

Ha - my girlfriend suggested I use my final divorce date, as the divorce is what helped get me the plane (she got the house, I got the toys). I don't think so though...

I have seen a picture of a G4 N1KE. The paint job had shoes in it. I saw a thread somewhere, maybe here, on funny N numbers. N01SE etc.

Unfortunately, it looks like three letters is invalid.

You also can't start with a zero. I thought N0NE would be interesting!

MSmith said:
Unfortunately, it looks like three letters is invalid.

You also can't start with a zero. I thought N0NE would be interesting!

Can you end in a number after letters? Then N1TR0 ??:D

Greg Bockelman said:
I saw on barnstormers where some guy was selling N numbers he had reserved, Asking price was $500.00 for each, they ended in NY.

T Bone said:

Looks like you have have a number after a letter either. Damn - that would have been cool.

Maybe N17RO

T Bone said:
T,

You realize he's going to kick both of our a$$e$ for this if we show up at Gaston's next year, don't you?

:D

-Rich

NickDBrennan said:
Looks like you have have a number after a letter either. Damn - that would have been cool.

Maybe N17RO

I banged away when I got (PA)28 for Mike. You should have seen me dancing around once I had it.

Every one digit + single letter or one digit + 2 letters is gone. I think I did check all ~875 combinations. :p

Another consideration is you want one syllable numbers and letters.

SEVEN NINER NINER SIERRA ROMEO is right out.

What I get is "Cherokee, say your complete call." OK, "Cherokee November ....."

Last edited:
rpadula said:
T,

You realize he's going to kick both of our a$$e$ for this if we show up at Gaston's next year, don't you?

:D

-Rich
If I go, I'm going in disguise (can I borrow the bunny suit and pancake?:D ). Besides, isn't wrestling scripted??

awww man - can't have an I or an O in the N-number. N17RO would have been awesome.

T Bone said:
Besides, isn't wrestling scripted??

OOOH....not good man! There is a bad side to the gimmicked moves. When you do them incorrectly, you accidentally learn how to do them to induce pain.

Its amazing what an ungimmicked Arm Bar can do to someone who is not expecting it to hurt.

And wrestling isn't fake.

Sorry Nick, that one was, well.... "below the belt". A friend of a friend of mine wrestles locally, and I went to a match with him. I saw the (very real) blood, the splints and cuts, broken glass, and destroyed steel chairs. These guys, well, if they're not nuts, they certainly are extremely serious about putting on a great exhibition match!

{side note: Rich, I'm really gonna need that bunny suit! :D }

Where is the page on the FAA site where you can check to see if the N number you want is taken? I've been there before but I can't find it again...! Argh.

You can also type an N number in Google.

The fun part is when you go to pay the fee to the FAA for reserving the number. You go to a site at the US Treasury.

mikea said:
You can also type an N number in Google

Man, that's scary! There are several matches for my N number on Google.

One site has every plane by type flying by the owner's name in alphabetical order. Google was also here. I never even saw that post.

Last edited:
The link I put in above lets you try out new numbers to see what isn't already taken. I'd tell you what I'm interested in but I don't want you to snap it up and hold it ransom. :)

BillG said:
The link I put in above lets you try out new numbers to see what isn't already taken. I'd tell you what I'm interested in but I don't want you to snap it up and hold it ransom. :)

RESERVE IT! It only costs $10. It's like domain names. There's only one in the world. Get it!

I reserved 89TW (married to my bride, Teresa, in '89, "Tango Whiskey" for my initials and hers too ). Plan to use that on an RV-7 someday (my "fun" airplane).

Later, reserved 855WH in honor of my grandfather, William Hurd, after he died of a heart attack while driving last year. He and grandma (still alive) were married in August 1955. Hope to put that on a B36TC someday, or a Beech Baron twin (my "mission" airplane, with enough seats to fly the 5 in our family places, and do Angel Flights).

Last edited:
Here's one for you. Yes, it's a Comanche.

Back