(N/A) Things that have gone by the wayside

Reminds me of under dash cassette players. My car in high school only had an AM radio, so under the dash hung the FM converter, beside it an under dash cassette player. For a time, there was also a CB radio there as well.

Ah, the good old days!

I had a slide mount and could switch between a 40 Channel CB and an 8-track player. In my 1969 Renault R-10.

John

Oh, yeah. FM converters and slide-mount CBs.... in the old '71 4-door Ventura.

Oh, yeah. FM converters and slide-mount CBs.... in the old '71 4-door Ventura.

'73 Chrysler Newport, Navajo edition. Looked exactly like this one:

73_NEWPORT_PASSENGER.jpg

00t0t_fvejorrvzux_600x450-jpg.132345

gold_duster03.jpg

Never mind that none of the flat panels I have ever weighed as much as the 32 inch Sony Trinitron XBR flat face. So thankful I never have to move that 320Lb TV again.

It seems like those Trinitron flat face units weighed more than a conventional CRT. I guess more glass required to make a flat surface than a curved dome.

It seems like those Trinitron flat face units weighed more than a conventional CRT. I guess more glass required to make a flat surface than a curved dome.
My 27" Trinitron about broke me when I hauled it to the recycle center.

I found a 3.5" Prodigy v3.1.1 install disk in the basement last night.

Guess who's going to see what Win10 thinks of it today? (I have a USB 3.5" drive somewhere...I think.)

I found a 3.5" Prodigy v3.1.1 install disk in the basement last night.

Guess who's going to see what Win10 thinks of it today? (I have a USB 3.5" drive somewhere...I think.)

ET call home...

There was a time you couldn't open a car or tech related magazine without a CD with '1000 minutes of free AOL' falling out of it.

ET call home...

There was a time you couldn't open a car or tech related magazine without a CD with '1000 minutes of free AOL' falling out of it.
AOL gave away a lot of coffee cup coasters...I mean CDs. I saw a lot of them hanging from monofilament inside hangars to keep birds out.

I found a package last night with a lot of 5.25" floppies. In that batch was an envelope with 3-4 5.25" Prodigy install disks and a single 3.5" disk that says on the label "This is the only disk required to install the PRODIGY software if you use a 3 1/2" drive."

I just found a USB 3.5" and am about to plug it in and see what happens.

I can't remember if I ever used Prodigy, I DID use Compuserve and still have my ID written down.

Not having much luck. 64-bit Win10 doesn't do DOS. I've tried several DOS emulators, but I've run into problems with them all. Maybe I'll try again another day.

Back