N/A Thanksgiving in September

Mister Mystery Man

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Mister Mystery Man
I’m all ready for Thanksgiving! The weather here has turned crisp in the evenings and the leaves are starting to change color and that always brings to mind baked turkey, oyster dressing, cranberry sauce, pumpkin pie and green bean casserole with French fried onions on top.

In earlier days we’d fly home for Thanksgiving, buzz the farmhouse once to let family know to pick us up at the local grass strip and they’d bring all the kids out with them to take airplane rides before we tied down.

It was a marvelous time with everyone trying to get a word in edgewise and when walking into the house…. Oh my! All those aromas; especially the baked yeast rolls.

Anyway, I went to Food Lion today and bought a package of chicken thighs for baking and some canned cranberry sauce, a pumpkin pie, French cut green beans for a casserole and some brown N serve yeast rolls. Nothing wrong in getting an early start, I say.

MMM

Last edited:
The weather here in York (UK) has been decidedly unfall like. As in 10 degrees (C) above normal. You'd think it was summer or something. I'm looking forward to getting home on Saturday where it is much cooler. :D

The weather here in York (UK) has been decidedly unfall like. As in 10 degrees (C) above normal. You'd think it was summer or something. I'm looking forward to getting home on Saturday where it is much cooler. :D
Yesterday it was over 80F here with clear skies and almost no wind. I spent much of the day waterskiing on what was probably the last time it would feel like summer in Minnesota this year. Today it rained a bit then the temp crawled up to almost 70 while the wind blew from the NW at 25-35 Kt making it feel much colder outside. Needless to say I didn't ski today and tomorrow is forecast to be almost as windy with a high in the mid to upper 50s which is a bit too cold even with a drysuit.

Back