[N/A] Other Websites You Troll

ARFlyer

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
ARFlyer
I know everyone doesn't spend a 100% of their time on POA. So what other sites do yall visit to waste time?

I visit:

Gizmodo.com - For tech and random science stuff
atlasobscura.com - Articles about abandoned or interesting places around the world.
abovetopsecret.com - Reading WTF topics by mostly insane people. Occasionally a legit topic.
space.com - Occasional topics of interest.

Purple Board
kdp.amazon.com
Smashwords
Youtube

I use the site feedly.com to aggregate the sites I like to view.

atlasobscura.com - Articles about abandoned or interesting places around the world.

This is one of them.

Do you just add in the site address and the website does the rest?
Pretty much. It doesn't work well for message boards such as this one. I use it mostly for news and other sources which add content daily to weekly.

red board (AOPA)
purple board for pilots
NFL.com
MLB.com
and my list of favorite flying blogs

I haven't the slightest clue why anyone would stray from POA. It's the Golden Corral of websites; something to please everyone.

Airlinepilotforums.com
RollTide.com
Packers.com
Various news sites
Barnstormers
Craigslist
eBay
Amazon

Facebook and YT for various stuff. YT subscriptions include Scott Manley (mostly for his Kerbal Space Program stuff), Hickock45, 22Plinkster, and YankeeMarshal, and a long list of aviation sources that are intermittent releasing stuff at best.

Aviation podcasts and vidcasts.

Alway seem to end up poking around Amazon looking at things for projects.

Other forums are all over the place in topics, a couple for RV owners (thanks to @gkainz for one of them), firearms, wood burning stoves, and both ham and commercial two-way radio, and cellular tech.

Slashdot (gone downhill a lot, but been there long enough that I had a five digit user ID before they decided to do away with those and hide them - place isn't nearly as good as long ago), Reddit, The Register (mostly for BOFH, but who can't love a website that's motto is "biting the hand that feeds IT?"), GunBroker, occasionally various Dodge Cummins diesel websites or forums, weather and weather station/monitoring forums and sites, and who knows what else.

Stuff I've drifted off off... Was a huge C|Net fan back when they were good.

Also TechTV led to following Leo Laporte to his own stuff and co-host's stuff, but I've gotten over it. His guests and cohorts cowtow too much to him anymore for my taste. Places like Digg went to crap. Fun in the early days. Mostly useless today.

Various electronics forums, used to be heavily into the MicroChip PIC series of stuff but nowadays single board computers with a bejillion inputs and outputs already available on multipin headers like the RaspPi make the need to gen up my own boards with a PIC, nearly obsolete.

Dunno what else. Quite a bit but nothing consistently enough to mention I guess.

Last edited:
yahoo
abcnews
foxnews
armslist
duffelblog

"What other websites I troll"? Isn't that like asking when I quit beating my wife? I try to not troll any websites. . . .

just boating and fishing stuff

thehulltruth.com and some small local ones

Woodworking forums...as in wood from trees. I'm also a professional woodworker...again....from trees.

Controller.com
Foxnews.com
Facebook ( although more for entertainment these days )
and a few natural gas industry sites

backcountrypilot.org
All the typical plane-shopping sites.

biplaneforum.com - one of the best forums around
ar15.com

Other aviation and firearms sites as the fancy strikes me but those are the biggest.

Ohio bush planes is interesting, ( speaking of taildragging flying well.)
I like to see what rans clan people are building.
Having owned a Stearman I try to find a site that has to do with them.

I forgot.....warbird info exchange.....go to wix hangar, lots of good info. Also, don't miss on wix hangar the Grumman picture site. Amazing stuff!

cavediver.net
thedecostop.com
m4carbine.net

Reddit
Baseops.net
forums.jetcareers.com
airlinepilotforums.com
youtube

gizmodo.com
io9.com - now a subsite of gizmodo but they tend to have more entertainment & science articles than gizmodo
engadget.com
foxtrotalpha.jalopnik.com - I'll keep an eye on this one, but their main writer, Tyler Rogeway, is leaving for thedrive.com so I'll probably be switching to that site
dcrainmaker.com - triathlete living in Paris who reviews running/cycling technology
instructables.com

Back