N/A Newspapers: print or digital

motospeed9058

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
rhall9058
So, does anybody know if the print newspapers vary at all from the online content that the same organization provides? What about e-readers/tablets? same as the print or website? I guess I was wondering if paying for a digital subscription really gets me anything more than just surfing their website and reading articles from there? Is there any difference? Has anybody cancelled their print subscription in favor of e-readers/tablets or strictly online?

Detroit Free Press only home delivers on Thursday, Friday, Sunday. The other days I read the E-edition. Identical content either way. Page for page.

I must be old.

I much prefer reading an actual paper to reading it on-line.

I must be old.

I much prefer reading an actual paper to reading it on-line.

I understand the preference angle, but what about content? Would you be willing to check the website for your favorite paper and scour if the content is different at all?

I ended up canceling my local paper. They got bough out by the New York Times/Boston Globe, and little by little replaced local content with content from one of their other papers.

They have a website, but you're limited to reading three articles per month, unless you have a print subscription (or disable cookies).

Back