N/A New Family Member

markb5900

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Mark B
About 3 months ago we had to put our longtime companion down. He was just in too much pain walking and didn't want him to suffer.

So, early this last Saturday morning, my wife tells me it is time that we get another dog.
Against my better judgement (LOL) we go to the animal shelter to see what they have.
Well guess what? We now have a new 10 week old puppy.
She is basically a mutt which we have always had.
Been over 10 years since I have had to deal with a puppy and now I remember why I always said never again!!!
She is a sweetheart, but anything her mouth can get around, she thinks needs chewing on and she MUST take it with her.
She has already dragged chairs across the kitchen floor because she has made then her's!!!

But lets introduce Sandy!

Attachments

• sandy2.JPG
    sandy2.JPG
    324.8 KB · Views: 52
  • sandy1.JPG
    sandy1.JPG
    289.2 KB · Views: 53
Looks like Sandy won the lottery.

will be awhile before she gets in a plane.
I can barely handle her in my entire house. LOL

She is finally getting the idea to go to the door to go out. But thinks that every waking moment should be spent playing with HER!! Not MY waking moments but HER'S

10 weeks? She looks older than that. LOL.

Not sure I would want to do a puppy again.

So cute! Better than kids!

OMG if that is 10 weeks you will have a monster on your hands in no time. Oh and if there is a tail that is even worse, so many drinks on coffee tables getting knocked over!

So cute. I love puppies.

EDIT: Looked at the photo again, I see a tail, you are doomed.

Give her a cat to chew on!

About a year ago now my wife and I were "adopted" by a stray that wandered up to our house, she looks like a chihuahua/terrier mix. She was obviously once somebodies dog because she had a flea collar on that was WAY too tight and embedded in her skin with oozing sores. She was extremely skittish and it took us about 10 days putting food out and talking to her on the porch before she would let us touch her and finally pick her up. Took her to the vet and got her fixed up, found out she was about a year old at that time. She has turned out to be one of the best dogs we've ever known and she has the run of our house. She only weighs about 4 pounds, we call her Little Bit because she's just a little bit of a dog.

Funny thing, we have cats also - and she knows which cats "belong" to her and gets along perfectly with them, but will agressively chase off any strays that show up. When one of our cats had kittens I found the dog in the front yard one day nuzzling and standing guard over one of the very small kittens that had wandered away from mom.

Last edited:
Give her a cat to chew on!

About a year ago now my wife and I were "adopted" by a stray that wandered up to our house, she looks like a chihuahua/terrier mix. She was obviously once somebodies dog because she had a flea collar on that was WAY too tight and embedded in her skin with oozing sores. She was extremely skittish and it took us about 10 days putting food out and talking to her on the porch before she would let us touch her and finally pick her up. Took her to the vet and got her fixed up, found out she was about a year old at that time. She has turned out to be one of the best dogs we've ever known and she has the run of our house. She only weighs about 4 pounds, we call her Little Bit because she's just a little bit of a dog.

Funny thing, we have cats also - and she knows which cats "belong" to her and gets along perfectly with them, but will agressively chase off any strays that show up. When one of our cats had kittens I found the dog in the front yard one day nuzzling and standing guard over one of the very small kittens that had wandered away from mom.

That is the cutest story ever. My dog is scared of / hates cats.

Well she finally noticed/met the dog next door. It is full grown and has about 70 pounds on her.
Not really sure what all a mutt Sandy is, but she is territorial!!!
After a few sniffs, she has decided that dog DOES NOT belong in HER yard. Every time she see's her now, tail goes up, and she barks in what I am sure she thinks is a ferocious bark. LOL
The neighbor dog looks over, and walks the other direction. You can almost see it in the face "ya right, go away little dog".

The neighbor dog looks over, and walks the other direction. You can almost see it in the face "ya right, go away little dog".

The Lhasa opso we had when I was a kid would go tearing off after much, much bigger dogs. Didn't know she was a shrimpy little thing. With dogs though, it isn't size, it's attitude.

As soon as I post "I love puppies" a tiny 4 pound one shows up in my office.

Now the owner of said puppy went to lunch and left it here.

My co-worker offered to watch the puppy in her office but it is only 3 months old with a piddle pad. After hiding behind things, chewing cords, and peeing on the pad, she asked me to watch it.

I have built "fences" for all my cords, and still - the puppy has:

Strangled itself in the front office in cords and pulled down computer speakers

Pooped on my rug (not the pad)

Peed on the pad

Spilled the water

Growled at the other dog

Gotten stuck behind / between things

Darned puppy!!!!

(Miniature French Bulldog, Cream Color)

Name of dog not posted to protect the guilty:

abuEQAKr.jpg

(PS she pawed at my shoe until I put her in my lap where she is now sleeping on me).

The best advice I got about cats and dogs was to have the cat first, then the puppy, and let the cat show the puppy who was boss.

I had an Irish Wolfhound on our farm as a boy, and on a cold snowy morning I'd go outside and spot Goliath (the wolfhound) curled up with about 15 barn cats sleeping on top of him. Everybody stayed warmer. All my dogs always got along with my cats growing up.

Back