N/A Neighborhood Excitement - Hand Grenade N/A

Graueradler

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Graueradler
A hand grenade has been discovered in a neighbors yard. We have been advised to evacuate but my evaluation is that I'm safer where I am. It is about 4 or 5 times as far away as it could be thrown, I'm behind my brick walls and largely behind my neighbor's brick walls. To evacuate (driving), we would have to pass considerably closer to it with just car glass and sheet metal between us and it.

All Clear. Must have been there for awhile. Was reported as very rusted up. We left after they came back again and said everyone would feel better if we did.

Story in the news a couple of weeks ago. WWII vet passed away and his friends were taking care of his estate. They found a couple of grenades. Caused quite a ruckus as I'm sure it did around you.
Glad you're okay. Just think of the story you'll have to tell at the pub or the hangar.

Noticed your user ID - Silver Eagle. Mine is Gray-Eagle - in German (Graueradler). Wish we had a pub or two around here. I have to drive 25 miles to get to the nearest liquor store (next county). Isn't the bible belt great? I wonder if we'll ever get to where the Baptists are willing to drink - in front of each other.

Last edited:
Noticed your user ID - Silver Eagle. Mine is Gray-Eagle - in German (Graueradler). Wish we had a pub or two around here. I have to drive 25 miles to get to the nearest liquor store (next county). Isn't the bible belt great? I wonder if we'll ever get to where the Baptists are willing to drink - in front of each other.
Reminds me of a joke...

What's the difference between Baptists and Episcopalians?

Episcopalians will speak to each other when they meet in the liquor store.

Back