N/A- Joe Barbera passed away

Cap'n Jack

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Cap'n Jack
He was the Barbera of Hanna-Barbera that created The Flintstones, The Jetsons, Tom & Jerry, Scooby Doo, and Huckleberry Hound.

More info here:
http://apnews.myway.com//article/20061218/D8M3IM3G0.html

Although not aviation related, thanks Bill (Hanna) & Joe for bringing a little fun into the world. Bill Hanna passed away a few years ago.

They didn't mention that Hanna Barbera's breakthrough was making the animation barely animated to make it cheap enough for television. I think if it wasn't for voice talents, especially Daws Butler, they wouldn't have gone as far as they did.

Yeah. We loved them as kids. I remember when the characters were on Kellog's cereal boxes.

My friends and I were talking about Yogi bear last night while roasting marshmallow. I always loved his cartoons.

I remember H-B cartoons comprising 90% of my cartoon intake as a youngin, and I have been trying to get Boomerang on my local cable company's lineup. :( Rest in peace Joe, and take a pic-a-nic basket with you, on Yogi.

My wife and I went through a phase of collecting serigraph cels from our favorite cartoons. (My avatar is a scan of one.) Many of them bear the autograph of said Mr. Barbera.

Chris Hayward, a writer for the Rocky and Bullwinkle show just died, as well - Jay Ward, who originated the show, told 'em "write for sharp stuff yourselves, the audience will get it!" - quite a departure for the condescending, dumbed-down pap they put on TV nowadays!

I hope, I really do, that his tombstone reads "And Ahhwaaay we go!"

He brought a lot of smile sto all of us. And yes he made animation cheap but the stories and characters were great and that is what counts.

I hope, I really do, that his tombstone reads "And Ahhwaaay we go!"

He brought a lot of smile sto all of us. And yes he made animation cheap but the stories and characters were great and that is what counts.

"Hey Yogi, Mr Ranger's not gonna like that!"

Back