N/A Food in Philadelphia

WingNut42

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
WingNut42
Hi all,
I am going to be in Philadelphia at the end of the month. Near Queen's Village, if that helps any of you. I am looking for suggestions on good places to eat, and if I know anything about pilot's it's that most of us like food almost as much as airplanes. So I am most likely looking for burgers or steak, maybe good Italian. And yes there is a girl involved in this little adventure so probably something a step or three above McDonald's. :smile: Anyway, many thanks in advance for any help.

I wish I could be there this weekend at Wings, sounds like a good time from what I have read here.

Thanks again,
Jon

Hi all,
I am going to be in Philadelphia at the end of the month. Near Queen's Village, if that helps any of you. I am looking for suggestions on good places to eat, and if I know anything about pilot's it's that most of us like food almost as much as airplanes. So I am most likely looking for burgers or steak, maybe good Italian. And yes there is a girl involved in this little adventure so probably something a step or three above McDonald's. :smile: Anyway, many thanks in advance for any help.

I wish I could be there this weekend at Wings, sounds like a good time from what I have read here.

Thanks again,
Jon

Well, there's really good BBQ at Wings Field (LOM) but you just missed it.

So did I. :sad:

Jon, First its Queen Village No (s) in Queen. There are a ton of good places to go. Fork on Market street between second and third is good, hip and they only mark up their wine by $10. If you want a louder place w/ a younger but mixed crowd then El Vez is cool, good food, (mexican) I think its on 12th or 13 & Sansom. If you can get reservations at Buddakahn that is a favorite of mine. Awesome Asian Fusion very good and very popular also try the Continental at 2nd and Market. Too many different martinis to recall and good food. There is also a great Isralie place called Zahav I can't recall the address but its one of the top places in the city now. There is also Ansil, There are tons and I mean tons of others. Some you can drop some serious coin in. If your looking for something specific let me know. Cuba Limbre is a popular place and has good mojitos but I think the food is subpar at best. If you want good cuban go to Alma Di Cuba On walnut west of broad.

Reservations are smart anywhere. Oh if its nice try Rouge on Rittenhouse square and get a seat outside.

Adam, Thanks! Sorry about the (s) the email I got that out of did not have it and for whatever reason my little peanut of a brain assumed it was just left off. Anyway, that should get me started in the right direction, thanks again.

By the way, I may just be blind but is there a spell checker here? Not a big deal, either way, I just feel like I should be using it and if there is.

There is a really good mexican joint near Wings feild... but I can't remember the name....

Adam, Thanks! Sorry about the (s) the email I got that out of did not have it and for whatever reason my little peanut of a brain assumed it was just left off. Anyway, that should get me started in the right direction, thanks again.

By the way, I may just be blind but is there a spell checker here? Not a big deal, either way, I just feel like I should be using it and if there is.
I don't think there's a spell checker, but many of us use FireFox, which has a built-in spell checker. I've generally found that the best food in Philly has been at Wings Field or Chez Zucker!:D

Grant and Leslie have a lot to live up to a gastons after the dinenr at wings!
You'll have to let me know if you want the sweeter style of margarita like the restaurant had or my usual slightly tart version.

You'll have to let me know if you want the sweeter style of margarita like the restaurant had or my usual slightly tart version.

Slightly tart is always better. Especially on the rocks, on a blazing summer night!

Cheers,

-Andrew

I couldn't get enough of the ones at the resuratunt... tasted kinda like lemonade and went down just as smooth.....

Wait maybe it should be a little tarter, maybe I would make it to desert that way. :p

I got enough of the ones at the resuratunt... tasted kinda like lemonade and went down just as smooth.....

Wait maybe it should be a little tarter, maybe I would make it to desert that way. :p

Fixed that for you! :D

Oh if its nice try Rouge on Rittenhouse square and get a seat outside.
Thanks I was trying to think of that restaurant the other day. When I am in Philly I am usually staying at the Rittenhouse Square hotel and have eaten at Rouge before. Good place.

Thanks I was trying to think of that restaurant the other day. When I am in Philly I am usually staying at the Rittenhouse Square hotel and have eaten at Rouge before. Good place.

You get to Philly much? Give me a ring! There is a new Restaurant right next to Rouge. name escapes me but its supposed to be good as well.

Back