N/A Episode of 24

mattaxelrod

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Matt
I messed up my taping of last night's episode. I was wondering if anyone here has it on tape, and would consider mailing it to me. I'll be happy to paypal or send you 5 bucks for shipping and your trouble, plus I'll mail the tape back when I'm done.

Figure it's worth a shot. Thanks y'all.
Matt

Matt,

The nuke detonated over LA, killing Jack Bauer and the entire CTU staff there.:no:

Just kidding... I can't help you out with a tape, but you didn't miss much. Don't forget next week, though -- it's the 2 hr finale!

-Rich

LOL

Reminds me of that great Simpsons episode, flashing back to when Marge & Homer saw Star Wars, and as they're walking out of the movie, Homer says, "Wow, whoda believed it--Darth Vader was Luke's father!", and everyone on the line were ready to kill him.

Oh well. Anyone else?

rpadula said:
Matt,

The nuke detonated over LA, killing Jack Bauer and the entire CTU staff there.:no:

Just kidding... I can't help you out with a tape, but you didn't miss much. Don't forget next week, though -- it's the 2 hr finale!

-Rich

I had to step out and must have missed something in the first 15min last night....did Marwahn get away again? I remember Jack shooting him in the shoulder last week, did he escape them somehow?

Eric
________
VAPIR ONE

Last edited:
Whoa - bad form to discuss spoilers in a thread where a poor guy confessed he hasn't seen the show yet! Speaking of which, I haven't either! What I can't figure out, though, is why doesn't everyone have TiVo??? That's where my episode is waiting for me. I'd record it onto tape for you, Matt, but I don't think my VCR is working (if it is, it's not working very well that's for sure). Let me know if you get totally desperate though.

Man I love that show! There are very few tv shows that I can honestly say I watch on a regular basis but 24...every episode for the past 4 years. I normally tape the show but last night I got home too late from work and did not have time to start the tape (missed the first few min too). Normally they show it again on Friday or Saturday so you should check and see if it's playing again.

Eric don't give it away...Jack would shoot you for doing less ;).

mattaxelrod said:
I messed up my taping of last night's episode. I was wondering if anyone here has it on tape, and would consider mailing it to me. I'll be happy to paypal or send you 5 bucks for shipping and your trouble, plus I'll mail the tape back when I'm done.

Figure it's worth a shot. Thanks y'all.
Matt

I have it on my TIVO but I'm not set up right now to transfer to tape. I may be able to get that done this coming weekend, If so I'll let you know.

Jeannie

BillG said:
What I can't figure out, though, is why doesn't everyone have TiVo???

<--- Cheap ba$tard, in my case :D

I think it would tempt me to watch too much TV. And I hear about people hacking theirs with bigger hard drives and dumping the video files out the Ethernet port onto their computers, etc. That would just bring out the nerd in me and waste more of my time!

-Rich

I think I found a buddy of mine who has it, so I'm all set.

TIVO is great. Here's a cool story--I was at work and I noticed a documentary that was going to be on in a couple hours, way before I was going to be home. I simply logged on to my TIVO account online, found the program, and scheduled it to tape. At home, I had hooked up my TIVO to the wireless network. By the time I got home a few hours later, the program was all taped and ready for me. Worth it right there.

BillG said:
What I can't figure out, though, is why doesn't everyone have TiVo???

Rich summed it up nicely. Cheap bas(*&#$. I'm so cheap I didn't get a DVD player until last year...when they were on sale..last years model..so it's obviously obsolete..then I complained about spending the $8.99 on it PLUS tax.

Besides, if you get TiVo, then the next thing you know, you have to have a HDTV and a new stereo with 8 channels surround sound (minimum) to go with it. You MUST have at least 1500 channels of satellite tv, and local cable. Make sure you keep the antenna on the roof so you don't miss anything. Then since that one single contraption turned into a major investment, you have to have a room to put it the whole rig in which means a new house to fit the entertainment room into since your old 4 car garage wasn't big enough anymore. Then you need a bigger parking lot for your friends when they come to watch the movies, so you buy more land and cover it with concrete. Oh yea, you gotta have the latest kitchen stuff. Don't forget the newest fangdangled fully loaded newest car on the block to make the store runs with... Oh. Since your parkinglot is so big, if you make it a smidgen longer it's a runway so your flying buddies can come see the show...but what if the weather is bad that day and it's an important show...install a Cat II ILS and hangars... NOW you need a major security system for your house since it's so expensive...and on and on and on. Just because of one little TiVo contraption.

Sheesh. And people say good weather sunday afternoon flying is expensive...

Last edited:
Back