N/A Ben - do you know Borromeo String Quartet?

ejensen

Pattern Altitude
Gone West
Display Name

Display name:
Eric Jensen
Just got back from a concert with the Borromeo String Quartet with pianist Jonathan Biss.

Pretty good. Mozart, Bartok, and Dvorak. Wife didn't like Bartok.

Yep--I used to see the cellist and pianist on almost a daily basis when I was at New England Conservatory. They are two of the nicest people you'd ever meet, and they are excellent musicians, too.

wangmyers said:
Yep--I used to see the cellist and pianist on almost a daily basis when I was at New England Conservatory. They are two of the nicest people you'd ever meet, and they are excellent musicians, too.

Thanks, they were good. The cellist was very energetic. After some of your posts, I was distracted some trying to figure out what kind of plane it would take to haul them around.:)

ejensen said:
Thanks, they were good. The cellist was very energetic. After some of your posts, I was distracted some trying to figure out what kind of plane it would take to haul them around.:)
LOL! Let's see. . . . The two violins and viola don't take much room. The cello does take about the same space as a person. I should think a Saratoga or Seneca or C206 with the rear seats removed would work.

Incidentally, this is the sort of stuff I am thinking about for my trio. Even though there are only three people, with the cello we still really need a six-seater.

wangmyers said:
LOL! Let's see. . . . The two violins and viola don't take much room. The cello does take about the same space as a person. I should think a Saratoga or Seneca or C206 with the rear seats removed would work.

Incidentally, this is the sort of stuff I am thinking about for my trio. Even though there are only three people, with the cello we still really need a six-seater.

At least you don't have to haul a piano around with you. :D Otherwise, I guess you'd be in the market for a C-130. :eek:

Ghery said:
At least you don't have to haul a piano around with you. :D Otherwise, I guess you'd be in the market for a C-130. :eek:
LOL--don't tell my wife!

wangmyers said:

Yeah, those are your posted musings I remembered. What plane for your trio?

Maybe you'll play out here someday.

ejensen said:
Yeah, those are your posted musings I remembered. What plane for your trio?

Maybe you'll play out here someday.
I'd love to get a C206, at first. Really, although it is only a bit slower than the Saratoga (maybe 140 KIAS compared to 150 KIAS), and has a much better payload. The Saratoga looks cooler, though, and the interior is more swank.

I hope to get out your way, someday!

I'm thinking Pilatus PC-12.....:yes:

Attachments

• Products_PC12_ApplicationConfiguration_Combination_575x165px.jpg
    Products_PC12_ApplicationConfiguration_Combination_575x165px.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 13
Back