N/A: Awww; She Remembered. Nice.

Lawreston

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Harley Reich
For several years the notion has been circulated that "Jerry knows everybody." Of course, it's not true but there have been some funny occurrences.
Scottsdale MOM is here, and today we ventured to Pittsfield/Palmyra/Newport, towns which are slightly South of Bangor, so she could chase some genealogy data. I hadn't been in either of those areas since I worked in Bangor 30 years ago. After suffering the mosquitos in cemeteries, and bugging(no pun intended) the town clerks' offices for some time we were referred to the new Quiznos Sub Shop in Newport for excellent sandwiches. So, we went there.

After I ordered, the female proprietor said, "You have a very distinctive voice. Do you live around here?" Mother quipped, "Don't get him going. Everywhere he goes he runs into someone who figured in his past."

"Nope; don't live here, and haven't been in this area for nearly 30 years since I used to work as an announcer/news director for WGUY Radio in Bangor."

"Under what name?" she asked.

"Jerry Leyman."

"That's it. I remember. You used to do those clever commercials for my uncle's business near here, Hartley's Garage." She was right, we had a good laugh, good sandwiches; and were again reminded that it surely is a small world.

HR

Back