[N/A] Attorney Frustration (a Rant)

inav8r

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Mike B.
OMG, I just can't believe it.

My wife and I have a question on a resolution between us and another party from a long ago issued court order. Basically it comes down to the two parties disagreeing on the "meaning" of a paragraph in the order. We think it means one thing and the other parties think it means something else. There have been many arguments and we just need to get it cleared up so everyone can move forward.

So I took 3 days about a month ago and tried to type up a letter that clearly explains our questions and attached all of the supporting documentation that I could find and sent it off to our attorney (who's been representing us in this and other matters for the past 4+ years).

Today I got a letter back from him that reads:

Thank you for your questions. I've highlighted the relevant parts of the order in question for your review.

Signed,

Attorney

And his enclosure WAS THE ORIGINAL ATTACHMENT that I hightlighted bits from and sent to him with my original letter....

I JUST WANT TO SCREAM.

I waited a MONTH for him to send me back something I had sent him!

Mike,

Call him.

You'll be paying for it anyway, no sense in having it take longer than necessary.

Call....

(One sentence on the phone is worth dozens on paper.).

BTDT.

Heh, you might not want to know how many times Mike has called him already. ;)

Mike: Bill is right call him and tell him why you are bothered. Its is certainly understandable. Miscommunications happen in every profession, just ask him to explain as it appears he didin't do anything you asked. I assume you have been pleased with his representation, to date, othewise you would not have stuck with him for 4 years. If he gives you a mea culpa accept it. If he gives you the runaround find a new attorney.

That's his way of saying you're both on the same page for that case!

inav8r said:
And his enclosure WAS THE ORIGINAL ATTACHMENT that I hightlighted bits from and sent to him with my original letter....

I JUST WANT TO SCREAM.

I waited a MONTH for him to send me back something I had sent him!

Yeah, but at least he charged you for it.:D

I am starting to think it's time to find a new attorney, my wife however, likes this guy. My personal gut feel is that he just wants to wash his hands of us.

Back