Richard

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Ack...city life
Lancer402.jpg

Champion Lancer.

Richard said:
Okay, Mr Smarty pants, let's hear the performance specs.

1963 Champion Lancer Model 402 Statistics

Engines Continental 0-200-A
Empty Weight 1834 lbs
Wing Span 34.45 ft
Length 22 ft 3 in
Height 10 ft
Baggage Capacity 100 lb
Fuel Capacity 57 gal
Max Take-Off Weight 2450 lb
Top Speed 130 MPH
Cruise Speeds
75% BHP 7,000 ft alt = 118 MPH
65% BHP 10,500 ft alt = 110 MPH
Cruise Ranges
75% BHP 7,000 ft alt = 450 Miles
65% BHP 10,500 ft alt = 500 Miles
Fuel Consumption
75% BHP = 13.6 gal/hr
65% BHP = 12.0 gal/hr
Stall Speeds (Power Off)
0 Flap = 64 MPH
25 Flap = 62 MPH
Rate of Climb 650 ft/min
Best Rate of Climb Speed 77 MPH
Best Angle of Climb Speed 70 MPH
Absolute Ceiling 14,500 ft
Min. Single Engine Control Speed 73 MPH

:D :p

Richard said:
Only because he let his fingers do the walking--right into the database, no doubt.

No, Richard, I knew the answer. Rushing to look it up in the database would sort of miss the point, wouldn't it?

As for performance specs, I know (and knew) only that the airplane was so underpowered that it had no appreciable single-engine "climb rate."

Some people know a lot more about useless things than they rightfully should; I am one of those people. I was the one who got the Windecker Eagle almost instantly too, recalling it because I remember reading all the articles about it back when it was being developed in west Texas.

SCCutler said:
As for performance specs, I know (and knew) only that the airplane was so underpowered that it had no appreciable single-engine "climb rate."

Heck Spike, with two O-200s and fixed pitch props and all that drag, it probably has a single engine glide ratio about the same as a single if it lost it's one and only. The only real good thing you could say about the Lancer was that it was unique and was a twin.

Some people know a lot more about useless things than they rightfully should; I am one of those people.

I sort of fit in that category on some things, too.

SCCutler said:
No, Richard, I knew the answer. Rushing to look it up in the database would sort of miss the point, wouldn't it?

Some people know a lot more about useless things than they rightfully should; I am one of those people. I was the one who got the Windecker Eagle almost instantly too, recalling it because I remember reading all the articles about it back when it was being developed in west Texas.
Spike, I was kidding. However, I thought it near imposssible that anyone would actually know something about this plane, let alone ID it. You proved me wrong, and how.

As I was reading the specs you provided I thought what a dog that plane was. Who would be likely to fly it?

Back