Mystery flight over Denver

I would hope someone is smart enough to stay at an altitude where there wouldn't be any trails if they really didn't want to be noticed.

Must have been a very slow news day . . . Or else Denver7 is run by conspiracy theorists . . .

An E4B knocking the rust off the turbine blades ?

It seems to be a Kc-135. I'm not sure why it's such a mystery.

It seems to be a Kc-135. I'm not sure why it's such a mystery.

Either that or they screwed up IRON call sign with IONS; E-3 based out of Tinker OK. Either way, no mystery about it.

Either that or they screwed up IRON call sign with IONS; E-3 based out of Tinker OK. Either way, no mystery about it.

It really is "IONS", named after the ions that are generated when the chemical hits the cold, high-static air which exists above 30,000. They did not make a very good effort to disguise that one. Idiots.

Last edited:
It really is "IONS", after the ions that are generated when the chemical his the cold, high-static air which exists above 30,000. They did not make a very good effort to disguise that one. Idiots.
Give'em a break, eh? It was a high priority, short notice mission. They knew I was out and about and that I hadn't been dusted in awhile.

Seems as if we flew through the dust too. Hopefully it had dissipated by early evening...

They've been working on invisible chemtrails for some time now. Now the time to worry is when you can't see them.

Just south in Colorado Springs, they're working on the mega-chemtrail applicator:
global-supertanker-5.jpeg

Just south in Colorado Springs, they're working on the mega-chemtrail applicator:
global-supertanker-5.jpeg

It got damaged by the hailstorm earlier this year. I haven't seen it flying in a while. The local photographers go gaga when it does.

On the KCOS ramp..

71ea08d62d3e1dcbea9f8f5c82223673.jpg

One of my friends is one of their pilots (he was a 747 captain for Evergreen before they folded up).

One of my friends is one of their pilots (he was a 747 captain for Evergreen before they folded up).

Someone I met at OSH this year but have talked to for years online (ham radio guy... he does rocket stuff... besides airplane stuff..) popped up when I posted that photo on FB and said one of his friends is also.

In fact, the guy was giving a tour of the airplane to the airport Fire Dept guys when I taxied by and shot the photo, and his Toyota SUV can be seen in the shot.

Anyway, supposedly I can beg him for a tour the next time I'm down that way... would be neat to peek inside...

I remember when they were "Looking Glass" with EC-135's.

Cheers

Back