Mysterious cell phone behavior?

Diana

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Diana
Ok, now let me preface this with the fact that I’m technically challenged. :yes: (Remember when I accidentally changed my iPod to Chinese and couldn't read the instructions to make it go back to English?)

I was talking with my friend Carol on my cell phone the other night when I heard someone else talking, too. As the voice got louder, I realized that it was my brother. Then, another voice entered the picture and it was my mother, who was evidently talking with my brother about his possible move to North Carolina.

Carol couldn’t hear the conversation on her end. I asked her and she said "Do I hear what?" :eek:

I looked at my phone and it showed some kind of recording thing and I started pushing buttons in my state of bewilderment. I ended up “pausing” the thing and shut my phone “right quick” cause I didn’t know what else to do to make it go away.

Now, my mom is even more clueless with gadgets than I am and keeps doing weird stuff with the cell phone we gave her for Christmas. Could she have accidentally (most actions with her cell phone are accidental) recorded her conversation and sent it to my phone? Is that even possible? If so, how can I find it in my phone now to confirm that?

Please don’t tell me that I was having auditory hallucinations! :hairraise:

Diana said:
Now, my mom is even more clueless with gadgets than I am and keeps doing weird stuff with the cell phone we gave her for Christmas. Could she have accidentally (most actions with her cell phone are accidental) recorded her conversation and sent it to my phone? Is that even possible?

Yes, but I think that's unlikely. OTOH I can't think of another explanation unless you have some kind of "walkie-talkie" mode that can be accessed by family members on the same network.

If so, how can I find it in my phone now to confirm that?

Read the manual. Every phone is different.

Please don’t tell me that I was having auditory hallucinations! :hairraise:

Did anyone else here those voices?:rolleyes:

I think I figured it out that you figured it out.

1) Your mom managed to 3 way call you and your brother, got your voicemail and kept talking to him while your voice mail recorded the conversation.
2) You're talking on your phone later and managed to play the voicemail message.

Ain't technology wunnerful?

Last edited:
Diana said:
I’m technically challenged.
Remember when I accidentally changed my iPod to Chinese and couldn't read the instructions to make it go back to English?
I didn’t know what else to do to make it go away.
Please don’t tell me that I was having auditory hallucinations!

Sounds like too many funky gizmos just to talk to someone.
Here, try this: :D

Attachments

• crankphone.jpg
    crankphone.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 7
lancefisher said:
Did anyone else here those voices?:rolleyes:
:no: Or at least not that they admitted to anyway. I just wondered if they heard me? Makes me wonder if I'm sending mysterious calls to other people? :dunno: I don't do walkie talkie calls or get on the internet with my phone (that I know of anyway).

Back