MySpace

Michael said:
wow, jesse. Are you looking to get sued or what?

In order to win a lawsuit, you have to be able to prove intentional damages. Pointing out stupidity, errors on a website, and showing pictures of the company owner face down and getting handcuffed by federal officials isn't damage that the owner didn't already do to himself!

my sons are embarassed to admit their mom and dad have myspace accounts. My wife started her space in order to cyber snoop on our son when he was in college out of the country. My younger son made her get her own account, as when she was using his, she messed up some of his friends, somehow (in his 8th grade explanation "Mom, you messed me up - get your own!")

http://www.myspace.com/dbaPilotDad

Now you look for other people's myspaces and ask them to be your friend. Its kind of like networking, but without the personal connection :D

I told my wife it wasn't fair that she had 10 friends and I only had 8. Then I got all you guys above to be my friends and bumped my number up to 20. I was feeling all proud like a peacock and pointed out the new friend count to her last night.

She said "Have you seen your older son's friend count?" ... 90 ...

"And your younger son's friend count?" ... 235 ...

I tucked my tail and left the myspace thing to the kids... :)

SkyHog said:
Its kind of like networking, but without the personal connection :D
Oh man, Nick, that is PRICELESS! Ahahahahaha!

I can't believe so many of you have myspace pages. Every time I go there to randomly bump around and see what the big deal is (heck, Rupert Murdoch paid $580M for the dang thing!), I can't get past all the teeny-boppers, their garish backgrounds, and all the LOL, OMGWTFBBQ! Makes me want to gouge my eyes out. Must be getting old....grrrr.

SkyHog said:
oh, for crying out loud folks
get off the computer and go flying:yes:
Right on!

-Rich

rpadula said:
I can't believe so many of you have myspace pages.

You pretty much have to. You don't really ask for a girl's phone number anymore....Myspace is how it is done.

Myspace is a necessary evil.

Ahem.

Chris, I like the looks of your second friend.

"Nice girls like sex, too."

Bring *her* to Gaston's.

Ahem.

Chris, I like the looks of your second friend.

"Nice girls like sex, too."

Bring *her* to Gaston's.

Ah, yes. That's Briar. She hosts the local call-in show about sex (Kinda like "Sex with Sue", only the host is a bit hotter). She does a good job of trying to have serious discussions about an important subject, but is eternally plagued by 14 year olds who say "boobies" and snicker before hanging up. I've urged her to get a call screener, but it doesn't seem to be in her budget.

I kinda doubt she'll come to Gaston's with me.

Chris

Adam, Where did you get they video? I love it.

Last edited:
Now you look for other people's myspaces and ask them to be your friend. Its kind of like networking, but without the personal connection :D

Wow, when you put it like that, it sounds rather.....well.....pathetic.:rofl:

Wow, when you put it like that, it sounds rather.....well.....pathetic.:rofl:
Yeah... I guess you pretty much summed it up ... interesting for a little while, time waster for when you're bored, following friends of friends of friends bunny trails... and then it sort of becomes less interesting...

HAH! Nice Sport Aviation article, Tristan. Some sharp editor must have spotted a gem of a submission!!! :D

Thanks! I'm quite proud of it. Did you see the one for last november's Flight Training? I was supprised when I was asked for that one. It was my first published attempt at proving I'm learning something. Haha

Back