Mygoflight panel mounts

arkvet

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Brent
looking to find a better home for my 2nd ("backup") iPad on or near the panel. My primary iPad is yoke mounted and I use that for approach plates primarily. For VFR I'll put it on my moving map and just use the one yoke mounted iPad.

For IFR I'd like the 2nd iPad to be for moving map, weather, traffic, SV (depending on terrain), etc. and of course backup in the event my main iPad died in flight.

I don't have room to mount an air gizmo type mount so I've been looking at "ram type" mounts that put the iPad a few inches off the panel so that I can get the iPad higher and in front of edge of the glare shield. Bringing it out from the panel is going to make it more susceptible to turbulence I suppose but I'm willing to accept that nuisance if the mount can simply hold up.

Right now the top of the right column of my radio stack has a PS engineering CD player that never gets used. I have wanted to pull it but have found that they make tablet/ phone holders that mount into CD player slots. That's a cheap option that honestly might work well given what's already ony panel.

The other thing I've found is the mygoflight mounts with articulating arms. They look really well made I just can't find any reviews or much info other than on the web site selling them. I've found some pireps for their kneeboards but none for their permanent arm mounts.

Any body use mounts like I'm considering and have any suggestions?

Attachments

• IMG_1220.JPG
    IMG_1220.JPG
    162 KB · Views: 15
I've got a mini 3 that I want to mount in this particular location. I actually have a suction cup mount that I've tried and like you wasn't all that pleased with it. It just didn't give me the placement I wanted and honestly I don't trust suction cups. My status 2 has fallen of the window a couple times and I ended up mounting it with industrial strength Velcro. Suction cups, in my experience, get weaker as you climb (air gets thinner) which is why I don't trust them.

Thanks though.

I just started using one of the cd mounts in my pickup with an iPhone 6 a few weeks ago. It's ok, but not near as solid as a ram mount. I'd be wary of using it for an iPad.

Back