My wife talks to birds

AKBill

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
AKBill
Funny story.. Tami works for a book publisher and has a warehouse where she stores and ships books out of. She has a feathered friend, a raven. About 3 or 4 blocks before she gets to the warehouse this raven meets her. The bird flies a few feet off the hood of her car and follows her to the warehouse. She always goes in to the warehouse and brings out a snack and feeds the raven.

Recently I bought Tami a new car. She drives the new car to and from work and uses the old car for delivery's and leaves the old car at the warehouse. Same model car just a different color. Well the other day the bird lands on her the hood of her new car when she arrives at he warehouse, jumps off and starts flapping his wings. Feathers raised on his head like he is pi**ed.

Tami talks to the raven and says she is going to go in and get a snack for him. She calls the bird "Wolfie". She comes out and sits in the drivers seat of the new car and feeds "Wolfie". She tells "Wolfie, it's ok buddy. I now have 2 cars. I'm still your friend" She realizes she is talking to a bird and starts to laugh.

Thought I would share the story

It's OK until the bird starts talking back. Unless of course the bird is a parrot.

Ravens are actually among the smartest of birds.

It's OK until the bird starts talking back. Unless of course the bird is a parrot.

My sister in law has an African Grey. It talks pretty well, seems like not just “parroting” but will request what it wants, “Apple” for instance. It also makes all kinds of other loud noises. Really loud. My brother doesn’t like that but puts up with it because he loves his wife and she’s crazy about it, dotes on it all the time. One day Mark asked him what the bird’s life expectancy was. And my brother said, “About 15 minutes longer than my wife.”

Funny story.. Tami works for a book publisher and has a warehouse where she stores and ships books out of. She has a feathered friend, a raven. About 3 or 4 blocks before she gets to the warehouse this raven meets her. The bird flies a few feet off the hood of her car and follows her to the warehouse. She always goes in to the warehouse and brings out a snack and feeds the raven.

Recently I bought Tami a new car. She drives the new car to and from work and uses the old car for delivery's and leaves the old car at the warehouse. Same model car just a different color. Well the other day the bird lands on her the hood of her new car when she arrives at he warehouse, jumps off and starts flapping his wings. Feathers raised on his head like he is pi**ed.

Tami talks to the raven and says she is going to go in and get a snack for him. She calls the bird "Wolfie". She comes out and sits in the drivers seat of the new car and feeds "Wolfie". She tells "Wolfie, it's ok buddy. I now have 2 cars. I'm still your friend" She realizes she is talking to a bird and starts to laugh.

Thought I would share the story
So has the bird, uh, marked the new territory?

Make sure Wolfie doesn't have three eyes and Tami doesn't roll her eyes back in her head when she talks to him. That could be bad.

No "wolfie" never has marked is territory on her car. That is out of respect I think...:rolleyes: He has marked his territory on other folks cars..

That's great. Perhaps they are trainable.

I heard one pigeon ask the other one while sitting on the roof of the hangar ... "have you seen Mr. Andee's plane?" The other pigeon replied, "yeah, I spotted it yesterday!" :D

Did you mention to her that an animal side kick is on of the defining requirements to be a Disney princess? Although I think it being a raven puts you on the evil side doesn’t it?

Ha! Just yesterday I was reading an imgur story about how Ravens recognize people and will tell other ravens when humans are kind to them. I'll see if I can find the link and post it here.

I watched a Raven come out of a dumpster with one cheeto in his beak. As soon as the other Ravens spotted him, he took off with the others in full pursuit.

The Raven flew his best maneuvers to try to lose the others, then he climbed, followed by a steep dive, then a hard pull up to the left and dropped the cheeto. All the other Ravens took off after the single cheeto while the first bird returned to the dumpster and picked up the bag of cheetos and flew off in the other direction by himself.... :lol::lol:

There is one Supermarket in downtown Juneau. The ravens hang out in the parking lot and follow you to the door of the market and then back to your car when you leave. They'll jump on your car looking for a handout or an unattended bag of chips. I find them to be a nuisance. Unlike eagles, at least they avoid the airport area.

Back in HS early college days, a girl I knew took in an injured raven chick. She raised it and it was imprinted with her the way a raptor follows his falconer. Now she had a fairly pale complexion but long black hair. She could really freak people out with her witch like appearance wearing a long dress and a raven on her shoulder :)

Back