My wife is amazing!

Topper

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Topper
I read threads about wife's not wanting to fly. My was not sure about it in the beginning, but now I have the opposite problem. She won't fly commercial. I am in Napa CA till Sunday. I seriously considered flying commercial because the cost of tickets would be half of what fuel cost, plus oxygen, overnight fees, etc. Close to 8 hours with the head winds coming from Wichita. She did a 4+ hour leg yesterday (longest yet). When I mentioned commercial, she said "NO". It was nice landing in Napa and not having to drive from SFO. The 310 is such a stable plane that it was a nice ride (very few bumps over the tallest mountains).

I am a lucky man and I know it.

I read threads about wife's not wanting to fly. My was not sure about it in the beginning, but now I have the opposite problem. She won't fly commercial. I am in Napa CA till Sunday. I seriously considered flying commercial because the cost of tickets would be half of what fuel cost, plus oxygen, overnight fees, etc. Close to 8 hours with the head winds coming from Wichita. She did a 4+ hour leg yesterday (longest yet). When I mentioned commercial, she said "NO". It was nice landing in Napa and not having to drive from SFO. The 310 is such a stable plane that it was a nice ride (very few bumps over the tallest mountains).

I am a lucky man and I know it.
Congrats!!! I too am a lucky man in that my wife enjoys flying with me...as you say, the comfy/roomy 310 sure helps that. Now if I can just figure out how to keep her from crawling in the back and sleeping for half of all the long flights... :)

Hopefully she’ll keep you!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

That’s the truth. Working in my favor is that I am a decent guy and the pool of single guys our age is pretty slim, so her options are limited!

21 years married, I think we are stuck with each other.

I read threads about wife's not wanting to fly. My was not sure about it in the beginning, but now I have the opposite problem. She won't fly commercial. I am a lucky man and I know it.

That is DEFINITELY not a problem. Mine will fly with me, but mainly only local flights and not more than an hour, otherwise she wants to fly commercial.

I hate to break it to you but according your profile picture you have a 340 not a 310. That's why you like it so much! LOL

I hate to break it to you but according your profile picture you have a 340 not a 310. That's why you like it so much! LOL

actually that is a 421 in my profile. It belongs to a business partner and I fly it some. My wife and I are both looking forward to the day we step up to pressurization!

Last edited:
Congrats!!! I too am a lucky man in that my wife enjoys flying with me...as you say, the comfy/roomy 310 sure helps that. Now if I can just figure out how to keep her from crawling in the back and sleeping for half of all the long flights... :)

I think you jinxed me! She hasn't felt well the entire trip (not super bad, just not 100%). Today she climbed in the back slept half of the flight. It was actually kind of nice to have the seat for all my junk, unfortunately I couldn't read today because at 17,000 my 55x wants to porpoise and it was easier to hand manage the altitude.

It’s makes such a huge difference when the wife wants to fly GA. Napa in my home airport and every landing I can’t believe how lucky I am to fly in here. It’s awesome!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Some of us are just lucky and hit the jackpot.....Mine's at FSI this week, doing currency on her work Citation :) Our first week-end together 11 years ago, she signed off my BFR in my Citabria.

Jim

Back