My trip to KS

rmciottijr

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
rmciottijr
I will have more about the flight later but here are some pictures.

Attachments

• IMGA0568.JPG
    IMGA0568.JPG
    82.4 KB · Views: 60
  • IMGA0569.JPG
    IMGA0569.JPG
    112.5 KB · Views: 64
  • IMGA0571.JPG
    IMGA0571.JPG
    70.6 KB · Views: 62
  • IMGA0565.JPG
    IMGA0565.JPG
    103.1 KB · Views: 63
  • IMGA0574.JPG
    IMGA0574.JPG
    98.2 KB · Views: 64
  • IMGA0578.JPG
    IMGA0578.JPG
    84.5 KB · Views: 63
  • IMGA0582.JPG
    IMGA0582.JPG
    129.9 KB · Views: 81
  • IMGA0585.JPG
    IMGA0585.JPG
    98.3 KB · Views: 53
  • IMGA0595.JPG
    IMGA0595.JPG
    103.6 KB · Views: 57
  • IMGA0602.JPG
    IMGA0602.JPG
    110.3 KB · Views: 60
  • IMGA0599.JPG
    IMGA0599.JPG
    109.6 KB · Views: 65
  • IMGA0593.JPG
    IMGA0593.JPG
    132.7 KB · Views: 61
  • IMGA0610.JPG
    IMGA0610.JPG
    97.9 KB · Views: 74
  • IMGA0616.JPG
    IMGA0616.JPG
    130.4 KB · Views: 70
  • IMGA0617.JPG
    IMGA0617.JPG
    88.4 KB · Views: 71
  • IMGA0625.JPG
    IMGA0625.JPG
    98 KB · Views: 71
Bob I am so happy that you are flying. Hope you have an excellent trip. Love the photo with the fly.

Love the dog shot. God I miss having a Dog.

The last picture sure looks like the Dam at Stockton Lake, if it is, you flew right over the top of my house.

Bob,

Glad to hear you're flying, and on such a long trip too! Those long cross countries are the BEST learning experiences. :yes:

Yea Adam and Kent it was great to fly and yes on such a long you learn a lot. Like don't give approach the airport identifier with the K "KIMS". N2609L, NEXT TIME ONLY GIVE ME THE LAST 3 LETTERS OF THE IDENTIFIER.

Anthony Se slept on all the flights and when we got to the hotel she passed out rough life huh.

Thanks Gary I hope she does well too

Dean attached is the last leg and I took the picture in that leg

Attachments

• Last Leg.bmp
    838.2 KB · Views: 32
That was the Stockton Dam, so looking at the picture, your flight path would have taken you almost over the top of my house. I also see you started that leg in Sullivan (KUUV), that is the airport I did all my PPL training at. My first airplane, N11152, is still based there and kept in the open hangar.

Attachments

• 11152.jpg
    11152.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
That was the Stockton Dam, so looking at the picture, your flight path would have taken you almost over the top of my house. I also see you started that leg in Sullivan (KUUV), that is the airport I did all my PPL training at. My first airplane, N11152, is still based there and kept in the open hangar.

Dean do you have a # for Sullivan airport they charged me $1,000 for fuel and last I checked a 172 can't take on that much fuel @3 something a gal. LOL

Dean do you have a # for Sullivan airport they charged me $1,000 for fuel and last I checked a 172 can't take on that much fuel @3 something a gal. LOL

MOST self serve pumps ask you "Number of Gallons" or "Dollars." Your card is then charged that amount, with the adjustment coming a few days later.

Sadly, I know this from experience.

So when you think you might need 20 gallons, put in 20 gal, not 200. It matters!

Bob, you should stop in to see Diana, maybe get some acro in :smile: Probably a good idea to leave Colby on the ground though :vomit:

Brian from NY took his 172G into her farm without any trouble if you wanted to land on grass. Lamar is paved, you could go there easily too and they could pick you up. Since you are out there, it would be something to add to your adventure!

So,.. did you bag any birds out there yet? Not missing much here in the east, dreary rain and wind from this Low that parked itself off the coast.

Yea Dan that's what is was, if you push the Fill Up button it will withdraw $1000 form your account but if you push gallons or dollars it will only bill what you ask for. And thanks Dean for helpinng me out with that.

Diana, I was going to leave today Monday but the weather is not letting me (no IR) so I could be here until Wednesday my wife is not going to be happy with that.

Rob, That would be fun but I am not going anywhere for a little bit. I am going to sit here today and work on some flight plans for the return trip. First I am going to reverse my outbound flight and then I am going to make a flight plan flying south maybe I can get around this stuff.

Anyone in the area that want to fly me out of this stuff I will pay for a return flight :wink2:

Sounds like a great trip, Bob! Have fun!

And thanks Dean for helpinng me out with that.

I am going to make a flight plan flying south maybe I can get around this stuff.

Your welcome for the help, and if your southerly route takes you near PLK (Taney Co/M. Graham Clark) let me know, I am only a 15 minute drive from there.

Diana, I was going to leave today Monday but the weather is not letting me (no IR) so I could be here until Wednesday my wife is not going to be happy with that.

Excellent pictures!! Glad you were able to make the fligt - bummer about the weather. So how did the hunting go?

Gary

It went well we got about 16 birds and Colby (my Dog) did great. Attached it a Picture of Colby and I with a bird.

Attachments

• Bob and Colby.JPG
    Bob and Colby.JPG
    132 KB · Views: 43
Have fun picking all the bird shot out of that pheasant? I remember doing that as a kid at a friends house when his dad bought home some pheasant what a pain.

Still stuck at CNU? Might have been faster to drive home. lol.

If you can get out, you might be able to swing north around the cruddy weather. blue skies in WI right now.

yea I was looking south yesterday I am going to hang out one more day then make a move via plane train or automobile.

Well, It loos like I am going to drive home I have a very important meeting on Friday that I must be at. Maybe we can get a hand off system to get me back here Hint Hint lol

Well, It loos like I am going to drive home I have a very important meeting on Friday that I must be at. Maybe we can get a hand off system to get me back here Hint Hint lol

Have fun driving back home! At least you will get there and not have to worry about the weather. If you need any help retrieving the plane let me know.

yea bob let us know if you need any help getting the plane home...

Well...fill us in, did you rent and drive or giving it a go thursday morning?? Tomorrow is looking pretty much like today.

KCNU 172320Z 1800/1824 34009KT P6SM OVC008
TEMPO 1800/1804 5SM -RA BR SCT008 OVC012
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]FM181600 31007KT P6SM SCT008 OVC020 [/FONT]

I will be in Ebensburg, PA on December 1st and heading back to Missouri. If you don't mind a straight through road trip, you are welcome to ride back with us. I'm sure someone in the area could fly you on out to your airplane.

The Dakota is down right now but should be up in a couple weeks. On the way back if you come to Denver commercial I'm sure I could manage to give you a lift out to Colby.

Well I made it to Nashville and no I can not sing. Wish I knew of some places to go but it hard with Colby (my dog). Thanks to everyone who tried to get me home.

Back