My predicament - switching flight schools late in the game

The plane is finally up and running, but now the weather is fighting me. I have scheduled 4 lessons on consecutive days since the plane came back online, but have only been able to get in the air once. It doesn't look like I am going to get this done before Christmas, and I have accepted that...it feels good to accept it. :yes:

Glad you did.

You know what California weather is like in December. Just be glad you aren't training at Truckee.

Be patient, and you'll find a hole in the weather. Might last a week or two if you're lucky.

I managed to get my 182 checkout done yesterday, but the only other day that looks even close to possible in the next week (locally) is Wednesday. I got a couple of visitors wanting a Bay Tour on Thursday. I don't think it's going to happen. Even if the weather is a 4000 foot ceiling and 10 miles visibility, Bay Tours look a whole lot better when the sun is shining.

I'm glad you are making progress again towards your rating. Switching schools at this point can be done, but it will most likely cost you more money and time. I was enrolled in a 141 school and was hoping to finish before I moved for a new job. I had just finished both of my cross countries. When I found a part 91 school in my new area, it was like I took 5 step backwards. Before they signed me off, they made me do a bunch of training flights that were all signed off already in the 141 curriculum.

Also at the 91 school, the planes were considerably older than the ones I had been flying and were ALWAYS down for something or another.

Back