My pleasure

Richard

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Ack...city life
Flying tours has been mostly great. Certain kinds of passengers make it all worthwhile.

Just today my "co pilot" has been--

--a man who was one of the original engineers on the Concorde. He was on the design team for the landing gear.
--a man who used to fly the Mirage and now his son, an ex-Mirage pilot, is a two star general working at the Ministry in Paris.
--a retired Airbus engineer.
-- and a great seasoned man who is a "Cessna 172 and 182 pilot" in France. He learned to fly shortly after WWII.

Each of them have been very kind in judging my landings. :) They understand....

A couple weeks ago it was my honor to put in the right seat a true WWII hero who fought along side Americans as a resistance fighter. After our flight he took me aside to tell me a bit of his story. He shed a tear as he told me of his time in Normandy during those uncertain days. He gripped my hand so tight as he wanted to convey the emotion of gratitude he felt for the Americans. I thanked him and we shared that brief eye-to-eye of knowing people. It truly was my honor to have shared a brief moment with him.

A moment you won't forget, Richard. I'm envious of that experience.

Do not envy. Look for the moment where you find it. Sometimes it just creeps up on you...keep your eyes open.

Back