My plane is a pin-up

GaryV

Pre-takeoff checklist
Gone West
Display Name

Display name:
GaryV
3DD6A033-E8CF-47AF-B3ED-ED613D32BC63.jpeg Thanks to the outstanding photo Lowflynjack took of my Cardinal RG it’s now November 2019 for the Cessna Owners Organization calendar. We’ve been told they will be using some of Jack’s photos for the cover of a summer issue of the magazine next year.

Thanks Jack for taking the photo and for giving permission for COO to use it.

Gary

Always one of my favorite aircraft. Best looking single-engine Cessna by far. Congrats on the pin-up status!

Best looking indeed. What a purdy airplane.

Very nice picture.

[This being PoA, why are the cowl flaps still open? Don't answer]

View attachment 68999 Thanks to the outstanding photo Lowflynjack took of my Cardinal RG it’s now November 2019 for the Cessna Owners Organization calendar. We’ve been told they will be using some of Jack’s photos for the cover of a summer issue of the magazine next year.

Thanks Jack for taking the photo and for giving permission for COO to use it.

Gary

Simply gorgeous. About the best looking single engine piston that Cessna ever made

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I’m glad they used it. You submitting this photo got me a job with them. You get free pics anytime you want them! I have already got one cover with them and should start getting two per month going forward, one with ‘Cessna Owner’ and one with ‘Pipers’!

I’m glad they used it. You submitting this photo got me a job with them. You get free pics anytime you want them! I have already got one cover with them and should start getting two per month going forward, one with ‘Cessna Owner’ and one with ‘Pipers’!
Well deserved. I love your pics!

It's like you color coordinated everything in that picture Jack. "Fly over that way, we can stay in the palette."

Jack:

I’m glad it helped. I used to do a lot of photography in school, including some precessional work. In the end I decided I had pretty good technical skills but no artistic eye. Anyone can learn the technical stuff. Having your artistic skills is a gift.

If anyone gets a chance to get photos from Jack go for it. You won’t be disappointed.

For everyone else: I didn’t realize I’d left the cowl flaps open until someone pointed it out from the photos. That session was the third or fourth time I’d flown formation so I was pretty focused on trying to get the plane where Jack was asking me to be. How well things turned out is a tribute to Jack and his photo-pilot’s skill.

Thanks to both, nothing got bent and I have great photos to hang on the wall.

Gary

Back