My other mistress

N747JB

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
John
She's not quite finished, but getting pretty close. Still have a few stray parts to track down, got to install the wipers, get a spare tire and cover, install the carpet, some weatherstrips, the usual suspects. But anyway here she is::D I do plan on driving her to the airport! ;)

oooh man! I love those...great color scheme too! Nice!

I'll play too. Here's mine. :)

1987 Porsche 944 Turbo (951)

Attachments

• porsche1.jpg
    porsche1.jpg
    221.4 KB · Views: 63
  • porsche2.jpg
    porsche2.jpg
    250.4 KB · Views: 45
  • porsche3.jpg
    porsche3.jpg
    262.3 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Very nice! Is that restored or a survivor? A good friend had a '77 and went all-in on a restoration with tons of pro rust removal and body work, but had to punt it during the re-assembly due to divorce, job change, and cross-country move. His was looking great and I wish he could've finished it himself.

I want an old beater Bronco so bad. It looks absolutely terrific!

Where's the jealous smiley??!??

Very nice John!!

Thanks for the kind words!:D
It's a 74 that I bought about 3 years ago, we took it off the frame to paint it, lots of bodywork, like most Broncos we had to replace the floor pans and inner fenders.:D It's Limestone Green, same as the one I had when I was a kid in the late 70's. I would have bought one already done, but I really wanted it to be green.;) Now I have to get the stereo installed and find my Mother's Finest 8 tracks and go cruise McDonalds!:D

paint it white and get the ex-NFL murder suspect option for the back seat. lol

seriously, nice looking ride. How's it handle the Atlanta traffic?

paint it white and get the ex-NFL murder suspect option for the back seat. lol

seriously, nice looking ride. How's it handle the Atlanta traffic?
:rofl: I have only driven it locally so far, I just got it out of the body shop on Saturday!:D

How does one drive something that doesn't have a touchscreen and a million buttons on the dash??:D

How does one drive something that doesn't have a touchscreen and a million buttons on the dash??:D

My middle son is suggesting a radio/nav unit for the dash, I'm still looking for a good Audiovox 8-track player! :D

No, stock 302, but it runs fine, we put a new carb on it and added the chrome pieces, the motor was dirty in the picture. :D

And you replaced at least one creaked exhaust manifold I presume? I owned three 302's in the old days and all of them cracked at least one. Junkyards never had then because they were in such high demand.

JB Weld or buy new!

And you replaced at least one creaked exhaust manifold I presume? I owned three 302's in the old days and all of them cracked at least one. Junkyards never had then because they were in such high demand.

JB Weld or buy new!

Luckily this one had headers on it when I bought it! But, I feel your pain, we've changed hundreds of them over the years!

Nice!

I had a 91 Jeep Waggy that I was in the process of 'fixing up'. Couldn't get it through emissions without a lot of $$$. Didn't have the room (or desire) to have it sit in the shop until those funds came available - I wanted it to be a constant 'work in process' project. ;)

My middle son is suggesting a radio/nav unit for the dash, I'm still looking for a good Audiovox 8-track player! :D

FTFY :D

Nice truck. I'm still hunting for an International Harvester Scout II for my mistress. :drool:

My never ending maintenance expense before going into storage for the winter. (At least it is more reliable than the Jensen-Healy was!!!)

Attachments

• XK8.jpg
    XK8.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 24

I bet you there is one at Grosse Bros car lot in St Louis... Hell, they may even have a Philco laying around, nothing has been thrown away in 40 years.:rofl:

That looks like the one I had in my old Bronco! I wonder if it works? I may end up going with something a little more modern and downloading the late 70's early 80's tunes on an iPad and playing them! Heaven forbid I get XM radio in it!:nono:
FTFY :D

Nice truck. I'm still hunting for an International Harvester Scout II for my mistress. :drool:

And you replaced at least one creaked exhaust manifold I presume? I owned three 302's in the old days and all of them cracked at least one. Junkyards Auto Part Recyclers never had then because they were in such high demand.

So correct. It was very rare that we had a right hand side that wasn't cracked. And I remember selling lots of the new ones for a decent profit. Chevrolet's too.

Interesting fact is, that for today's engines, we never get requests for exhaust manifolds for any trucks and I've dropped it from the list of parts I input into the inventory database.

So correct. It was very rare that we had a right hand side that wasn't cracked. And I remember selling lots of the new ones for a decent profit. Chevrolet's too.

Interesting fact is, that for today's engines, we never get requests for exhaust manifolds for any trucks and I've dropped it from the list of parts I input into the inventory database.

Does anyone still use a cast block manifold? A cracked manifold was always an excuse to put on a set of headers.

Hey, I've got one of those! Mines a '75, just finished upgrading to a Saginaw power steering pump (I added hydroboost power brakes but the stock pump couldn't keep up with the brakes AND steering.).

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    183.7 KB · Views: 18
Awesome looking Bronco! A buddy of mine just bought a red 73 and I think he's developing the Bronco fever! Cheaper than airplanes, but not by much!:D

Hey, I've got one of those! Mines a '75, just finished upgrading to a Saginaw power steering pump (I added hydroboost power brakes but the stock pump couldn't keep up with the brakes AND steering.).

She's not quite finished, but getting pretty close. Still have a few stray parts to track down, got to install the wipers, get a spare tire and cover, install the carpet, some weatherstrips, the usual suspects. But anyway here she is::D I do plan on driving her to the airport! ;)

You have a lift in your home shop. Color me green (like your truck) with envy. :)

Nice truck.

Easier than you might think...and probably cheaper.

I use this one. http://maxjaxusa.com/

Was around $2500 several years ago. Comes with a kit (you can watch the install video on their site) to bolt the columns down. Then you can pull the bolts up and move the columns out of the way. I have mine setup in my garage so that I always leave one bolted down and only have to move one over to get the lift up and going. In about 10 minutes I'm ready to push the button and jack my car up. Cool stuff...

Back