My next plane

Four and half mill and no glass cockpit what a ripoff.:D

Four and half mill and no glass cockpit what a ripoff.:D

I'll just Velcro an ipad to the panel. Although I don't think myself nor the ipad would survive the Gs. :)

I'd have to each hour's expenses too...this might get ugly.

Engine overhaul reserve is another killer.
#1 Engine 348 hrs TT #2 Engine 350 hrs TT 30 SMOH
The Soviets designed their fighter engines to be 300 TBO (their estimate of how much the plane would fly in a 90-day war, after which the war would be over one way or the other), and exceeding that ain't like putting 2200 hours on a Lyc O-320/360 -- they are worn out at that point. Note that these two were first overhauled at 318/320 hours since new. And you don't even want to think about fuel burn...

So, if you want to crank it up to Mach 2.25, what do you do? Go 7 miles offshore and have at it? ;)

So, if an overhaul is required every 300 hours, how much does the overhaul cost? It doesn't seem to be a very good design.

If the plane flies 300 hrs in a 90-day war, that's fine, but who's to say the war will break out just after the entire fleet has been overhauled?

So, if you want to crank it up to Mach 2.25, what do you do? Go 7 miles offshore and have at it? ;)

Well I suppose you could get a waiver from the FAA to use one of the military corridors over land. Most likely you'd have to go off shore. Possibly 35 AOA can clarify but I think they are restricted to 30 miles off shore.

Back