my new website

redcloud

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
scott keyes
My flight school's website is up, but still partially under construction. Please have a look. There are several things I would like to add and there are probably errors that need fixing but, it is a start.

www.nwoflight.com

Scott

Scott-

Minor nit to pick: You put clothes in the closet on "Hangers"; you store airplanes in "Hangars."

I know, I know, but it's like fingernails on the chalkboard for me...

Scott: Two kinds of folks come to aviation websites.

1) Pilots looking to rent

2) Newbies looking to learn.

For the pilots list the equipment in the plane. If the panel is especially snazzy like in the columbia / 400 show a panel shot. Its enticing

For the Newbies tell them what " Wet " means Also you might want to offer reduced rate intro flights.

Best of luck with the new school.

Thanx for the comments. I didn't notice the misspelling of hangar; the web site is still under construction and we do have intro flights @ $69.00/ hour; actually somewhere it does explain that wet means includes fuel; it is a work in progress.
Scott

Surefire promotion to draw pilot business:

Nubile bikini clad college cheerleader line crew that also wash planes.

Surefire promotion to draw pilot business:

Nubile bikini clad college cheerleader line crew that also wash planes.

steve - ive been to the FBO there. bikini babes would definitely spice things up quite a bit.

instead of 'wet' can you just say 'fuel included' ? kinda clears it up immediately

Scott,
For pilots, the aircraft specs (equipment, W&B ) are really helpful. I've also had a lot of requests for online booking, which I unfortunately cannot accommodate at my FBO. Perhaps you can.

The image on the splash screen is very nice, but it isn't immediately obvious what is clickable and what isn't. Also, how well will it scale as you add new features? If you have to go back and redo the full image each time, that could be detrimental.

I'll put my effort out there for critique, too. www.aandmaviation.com.

There will be more of the ovals active in a day or so; the airport has the capability for online booking which will be added soon . I would also like to add a page that has a short bio and pic of my instructors. There will be several special services/opportunities added as well such as spin training, a high altitude training opportunity, etc.

scott,

im thrilled that you are doing online scheduling. I wish my FBO would do it but they sorta like to have supreme control over the paper schedule. oh well. I dont think they realize that an online schedule is perfectly controllable and more convenient.

Scott,

I like the look of the site, but there is one thing to think about. The way that it was put together (one big image as the splash page) leaves no chance of it being picked up and indexed by any of the search engines. They can't index the text on images. That'll make it a bit harder for the pilots in your area to find your site without already knowing the address.

Something to think about. Good job at least getting something up!

Scott,

I like the look of the site, but there is one thing to think about. The way that it was put together (one big image as the splash page) leaves no chance of it being picked up and indexed by any of the search engines. They can't index the text on images. That'll make it a bit harder for the pilots in your area to find your site without already knowing the address.

Something to think about. Good job at least getting something up!

Not necessarily, you just have to provide some great keywords and a solid description in the meta tags. I consulted last year for AvWeb.com in regards to SEO (search engine optimization) and found that the meta tags really did have a greater effect on increasing traffic than various search engine spiders crawling the plain text. On the main (home) page, I think we had close to 50 meta keywords, and on average, 15 or 20 on the articles themselves.

Not necessarily, you just have to provide some great keywords and a solid description in the meta tags. I consulted last year for AvWeb.com in regards to SEO (search engine optimization) and found that the meta tags really did have a greater effect on increasing traffic than various search engine spiders crawling the plain text. On the main (home) page, I think we had close to 50 meta keywords, and on average, 15 or 20 on the articles themselves.

I agree. You can certainly use meta tags to fine tune the search parameters, but there is no substitute for solid indexed content. For instance, if his business name/address/phone number were in text (rather than the image). He would end up pinpointed in google maps.

I agree. You can certainly use meta tags to fine tune the search parameters, but there is no substitute for solid indexed content. For instance, if his business name/address/phone number were in text (rather than the image). He would end up pinpointed in google maps.

Good point. A fine combination of both would help tremendously.

Thanx for the comments. I didn't notice the misspelling of hangar; the web site is still under construction and we do have intro flights @ $69.00/ hour; actually somewhere it does explain that wet means includes fuel; it is a work in progress.
Scott

Can I get an Intro flight inthe Columbia for $69?! B)

Good luck with things. One of my freinds who lives in Lima has been checking you guys out and is looking forward to flying the 182 and Columbia.

Let me know when the site is done, I'll link it off our greatlakespilots.org site that is under reconstruction too.

Last edited:
Thanx for the input; Leonard, I can't do a discovery flight in the Columbia for $69, but if you came by I could take you for a ride.

Back