My new website

rwellner98

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
rw2
Hey all,

A lot of you have supported my videos over the years, so I wanted to share a few things.

First, most of you know that my plane was destroyed in a storm earlier this summer. Fortunately, I got really lucky and found something to replace it. So I'll be back to making new content soon!

Second, the new content will continue the theme of Flying, Cooking and Camping that I started recently and people seem to be vibing with. I'm making a trip in October from Wisconsin to the High Sierra Fly-in and then to San Diego. I haven't camped in Wyoming, Northern Utah nor California, so would welcome recommendations on places to spend nights in those areas.

Third, as mentioned in the Subject, I put together a new website to have all my content in one place. Youtube is great in a lot of ways, but it's easy for little guys to get lost in the shuffle and forgotten by "the algorithm". So those of you that like my stuff can find it all in one place, enter an email address to get notified of new content and be kept in the loop on fly-ins and other events I'll be organizing or attending. You can, of course, still "like and subscribe" on youtube if you prefer.

My new site is https://richwellner.com

Thanks again for all the support and the many well wishes that came after N222TF was destroyed.

Rich, glad to here you found a new airplane so quickly. What did you get? Looking forward to more of your videos.

I think I remember reading an article about this Maule...if there's truly only one

There is only one in existence. :)
Is it that -420AC? The beast of a turboprop on floats?

I still see 222TF every time I fly out of 06C. Glad you found a new plane, can’t wait for more videos!!

Was it built by some guy at the Maule Factory?

You aren't far off. It was built by a guy who used to work there. I don't think he actually snuck the parts out in his lunch pail though!

I think I remember reading an article about this Maule...if there's truly only one

Yeah, it was covered in an EAA magazine a decade or so ago when it was built. So you might have.

Is it that -420AC? The beast of a turboprop on floats?

I haven't tried running it on kerosene. Will report back...

Congrats on the new plane Rich. Looking forward to videos.

Back