My new plans came today

stingray

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Daniel Michaels
I bought a set of BD4 plans. Bolt together tailwind looking plane. Nice set of drawings with wet wings and conversion to 4 place.

I also bought a set of Ragwing Stork plans, not quite as fancy but readable. Came as both sets standard and tandem.

Also a set of Cougar plans for the Cougar I already have. I needed set to see what I have. Plans are in between the two full rib drawings which make it nice.

My plan is to find the perfect wing for the Cougar, Low and slow. Well maybe not LOW. I like the BD4 because it is cantilever.

Dan

Hey Dan, how's that experimental turbo Bellanca project coming along?

Hey Dan, how's that experimental turbo Bellanca project coming along?

The FAA changed it's wording, I had to put it on hold till this summer. They first had allowed me to cover the fuselage and get credit for it. Now any part that is certified, even if part of it is used the whole thing becomes a repair. I have to do some more talking to the DAR and see if I change the fuselage and to what extent I have to change it. I am working on my A&P right now so I may just keep it certified and do 337's to get it where I want it.

The reason for the cougar is I needed a plane that could takeoff from my field and land at Milaca, (Work). It also had to get good MPG. (C-85) 135mph.

Dan

I was afraid that was going to happen. AFaIK, most of the FAA is strongly opposed to the concept of converting a type certificated aircraft into a homebuilt.

The FAA changed it's wording, I had to put it on hold till this summer. They first had allowed me to cover the fuselage and get credit for it. Now any part that is certified, even if part of it is used the whole thing becomes a repair. I have to do some more talking to the DAR and see if I change the fuselage and to what extent I have to change it. I am working on my A&P right now so I may just keep it certified and do 337's to get it where I want it.

I bought a set of BD4 plans. Bolt together tailwind looking plane. Nice set of drawings with wet wings and conversion to 4 place.

I also bought a set of Ragwing Stork plans, not quite as fancy but readable. Came as both sets standard and tandem.

Also a set of Cougar plans for the Cougar I already have. I needed set to see what I have. Plans are in between the two full rib drawings which make it nice.

My plan is to find the perfect wing for the Cougar, Low and slow. Well maybe not LOW. I like the BD4 because it is cantilever.

Dan

So, you bought the plans to get a wing for the Cougar? Or are you planning to build an airforce?? Either way, kudos to you!

So, you bought the plans to get a wing for the Cougar? Or are you planning to build an airforce?? Either way, kudos to you!

I am looking to improve the wing on the Cougar. I did not have aset of plans for it that is why I bought them. I liked the BD-4 wet wing cantaliever wing. and I was looking at the slats on the Stork.

I belong to an EAA chapter and figured it would be fun to see different kinds of plans. There was a big difference between the three. BD-4 where of the highest quality and were the most expensive. The Cougar plans and the Stork plans were the same price about, but the Cougar plans were of much higher quality than the stork plans.

I already have an airforce, 2 Bellanca 260's a Cessna 150H and a Cougar. (2 fighters, 1 search plane, and a spy plane):D

Dan

Attachments

• DSC_0041 (Medium).JPG
    DSC_0041 (Medium).JPG
    84.1 KB · Views: 34
  • Nesmith Cougar article.jpg
    Nesmith Cougar article.jpg
    363.2 KB · Views: 19
  • Copy of Nesmith Cougar.jpg
    Copy of Nesmith Cougar.jpg
    527.2 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
I already have an airforce, 2 Bellanca 260's a Cessna 150H and a Cougar. (2 fighters, 1 search plane, and a spy plane):D

Dan

Shoot, with all those birds in the coop, you must run into problems keeping them adequately excercised. Some of us are right down the road... =]

Tim

Shoot, with all those birds in the coop, you must run into problems keeping them adequately excercised. Some of us are right down the road... =]

Tim

I have the 150 for sale it is being replaced by the Cougar. One of the Bellanca 260 is in the same shape as the pic of the Cougar. I fly to work so exercise is not a problem. I'm hoping the Cougar is done in a Month. Every third Sunday is Free Chili day at the Grantsburg airport if you want to come up for a ride.

Dan

Attachments

• N22771 resized 25%.jpg
    N22771 resized 25%.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 21
I have the 150 for sale it is being replaced by the Cougar. One of the Bellanca 260 is in the same shape as the pic of the Cougar. I fly to work so exercise is not a problem. I'm hoping the Cougar is done in a Month. Every third Sunday is Free Chili day at the Grantsburg airport if you want to come up for a ride.

Dan

That is certainly a nice looking 150. I'm never one to turn away from free chili, I think I just made plans for the 20th.

Tim

Link to specs and price?

I have most of the info on one of my other posts I tried to link it before and it was not happy.

It is a 68 150H I installed new cylinders with new piston pins, the only thing on the heads that are not new just rebuilt are the rockers. I installed a rebuilt carb (from repair facility). New ignition wires. Installed CHT gauge. Installed Carb temp gauge. Mitchel radio just came back from shop with a new head and clean bill of health. New tires and bearings. Just redid the front fork. New gascalator. New paint (stripped not a paint over). New oil temp gauge. just out of annual in Jan.

I built this for my son who is learning to fly but he is too slow and is taking too long. I have a Cougar that I am going to let him use instead. Every thing I did to this plane was for safety.

TT around 5000 hrs SMOH 1078 SN top 15hrs.

$20,000.00

1-715-463-4350

Dan

Some renderings for the paint and panel. Fabric should be here later this week. I removed the engine today. I also removed the flaps and ailerons, Cessna should take notice it took all of 10 min. The 150 took most of the afternoon.

Dan

Attachments

• COUGAR PAINT (Medium).JPG
    COUGAR PAINT (Medium).JPG
    21.1 KB · Views: 10
  • Panel.JPG
    Panel.JPG
    41 KB · Views: 12
Back