My new path!

Rudy

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Rudy
For about the last 6 months I have been looking into some different ways of being able to make my dream of having a job as a pilot a reality.
Earlier this month Grandpa, my mom and me went to Topeka to talk to a recruiter from the air national guard.
The meeting went real well and I have decided to join. I have another meeting set up at the front of February. I will most likely go to basic training and technical school this summer, then come back and finish my degree while going to Topeka a weekend a month.
After I get my degree i can start putting in my application for piloting KC-135's for the 190th refueling wing.
This was the seller for me because I will already have a position when I go off to Officer Training and then to pilot training.

After seriously looking over every option that I have I believe that this one is the best and hopefully it brings me my dream.

Just thought I would share with my friends on here,

For about the last 6 months I have been looking into some different ways of being able to make my dream of having a job as a pilot a reality.
Earlier this month Grandpa, my mom and me went to Topeka to talk to a recruiter from the air national guard.
The meeting went real well and I have decided to join. I have another meeting set up at the front of February. I will most likely go to basic training and technical school this summer, then come back and finish my degree while going to Topeka a weekend a month.
After I get my degree i can start putting in my application for piloting KC-135's for the 190th refueling wing.
This was the seller for me because I will already have a position when I go off to Officer Training and then to pilot training.

After seriously looking over every option that I have I believe that this one is the best and hopefully it brings me my dream.

Just thought I would share with my friends on here,

Sounds like a plan, best of luck in making it happen my man. It may not go as easy as the recruiter is making it sound (recruiters don't have a stellar reputation;) ), but if you're sharp (which you seem to be) you'll be able to make it work.

Thanks for the good wishes.
And yeah, I know that recruiters sometimes tell you things, but we have some friends of the family at the base and we had one of them sit in with us. So we tried to kind of weed out the B.S. but I still didn't take everything he said as the gospel, and kept an open mind.

Best,

cool Rudy, a bit of a step up from the Cherokee!

Thanks for the good wishes.
And yeah, I know that recruiters sometimes tell you things, but we have some friends of the family at the base and we had one of them sit in with us. So we tried to kind of weed out the B.S. but I still didn't take everything he said as the gospel, and kept an open mind.

Best,

Good on ya. It won't be rosy by any means, but the service itself is worthwhile, and the doors it opens up are substantial. Just go in fully aware (as everyone should be at this point) that the rewards and benefits do not come without a cost. You can be called into active service at any time and sent into a theatre where people will actively try to kill you while you live in less than comfortable conditions. If you aren't willing to do that part, you shouldn't sign up as it's wrong to take the position from someone who is willing.

Sounds like a great way to get into jets, Rudy. I have a good friend who worked his way up flying tankers (KC-10 in his case) -- he's now at command school and close to making LTC.

Sounds awesome, Rudy. Get all the recruiter's promises in writing. Verbals "didn't happen" ...

Wow, Rudy, that's exciting! :yes: I hope you keep us posted on how it works out for you.

Good luck, Rudy! You go and keep your eyes on the prize!

Back