attachment.php

Attachments

• Phablet 12 IMG_20141031_154028.jpg
    Phablet 12 IMG_20141031_154028.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 236
Lol, what is it?

http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/galaxy-tab/SM-T9000ZWAXAR

Woot has had refurbs for $349

Just when I was lusting for a Nexus 9 (not enough to buy, but ordered one for the GF.)

I had to de-Samsung it a bit and change the settings because the lights on the buttons kept turning off. Google is right that you want on-screen buttons.

Apps like Roku remote are comically HUGE on this thing.

The screen has more resolution than my 28" computer monitors.

Hmmmm.... Now I'm guessing you were joking about the 'phablet' part right? I only saw wifi and BT connections, or did I miss something? Honest assessment of battery life? Say if you were watching movies?

Hmmmm.... Now I'm guessing you were joking about the 'phablet' part right? I only saw wifi and BT connections, or did I miss something? Honest assessment of battery life? Say if you were watching movies?

It could work as a phone on Skype but no.

I only got it this morning. So far the battery has lasted even with full brightness set.

I played poker on it. I sent stuff from Plex to my Chromecast and TV.

Once I fixed the buttons I became less inclined to hate it, but in general I'd rather have a Nexus than anything with Samsung garf.

I didn't even sign in to use the Samsung apps.

It's not on Woot now. I'll let you know when it comes back.

On it now.

What's a hoot is now my Nexus 5 looks like it belongs in a doll house.

Last edited:
Yeah, I need to replace the iPad2, it's out of memory. I can get one of those and an N-7 for the price of a new iPad with 128Gig. I like being able to access movies off a chip.

It could work as a phone on Skype but no.

I only got it this morning. So far the battery has lasted even with full brightness set.

I played poker on it. I sent stuff from Plex to my Chromecast and TV.

Once I fixed the buttons I became less inclined to hate it, but in general I'd rather have a Nexus than anything with Samsung garf.

I didn't even sign in to use the Samsung apps.
I picked up a chromecast the other week then ordered more for the rest of my tvs. Definitely underrated and worth more than the $30

Boom boxes from the 80s are now sought after relics in working condition. $100 easy.

Woot has the refurb for $349 again today.
http://www.woot.com/offers/samsung-galaxy-tab-pro-12-tablet-case-2?ref=cnt_wp_4_1
I noticed that Amazon has the the refurb for $399.

My geeky sense says that there has to be reason why there are so many refurbs to be had, but maybe they had a mass defect that the factory fixed. The refurb has a 90 day warranty.

I haven't spotted any issue with mine other than the scary click it makes.

I like it fine, except that I keep hearing a crack from the base or the cover. I haven't spotted a crack in the bezel and certainly not on the screen.

The screen has more resolution than any monitor I have, even the 28" one! This so far is the first tablet that will let me do my cyber time away from the desk.

I want a cover that protects it better than the book cover, but the Otterbox case is $70+! ...as in 20% of what I paid for it. Nope. I wouldn't pay $50 for the one year warranty.

I de-Samsunged it as much as possible. I put on the Google Now launcher.

Back