My nephew is an aircraft designer, here is his latest creation...

eMKay

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
eMKay
It's on track for certification by July 2012...

xavi_plane.jpg

Great work! Sign that kid up for aero engineering school!

Lego! Show him this movie clip. It reflects the perception, by aircraft mechanics everywhere, of the pilots who fly the airplanes they maintain. An AME is a Canadian A&P-IA.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxwX5gh6jM4

Dan

They can teach a monkey to fly. They haven't yet taught a monkey to fix an airplane.

The pusher configuration is bold, as is the asymmetrical wing. Rutan did both of those things; now he's retiring... is your nephew attempting to assume the throne?

On of my creations. Of course, mine all fly.

Attachments

• fractal.jpg
    fractal.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 37
Doesn't seem to have very good visibility?

..and that idiot on the wing is screwing up the CG

:)

I can sense your well deserved pride. There is a whole lot to be said about the natural creativity of children, be it sculpture or painting. Always in complete color harmony, balance, and the use of space. Most lose this natural talent during K-12, then spend a fortune, if they're interested, re-learning it in college.

A very cool airplane indeed.

John

Pretty cool.

Kids have a lot of imagination and neat ideas. Later, it all gets trained out of them when somebody says, "That'll never work!".

Here's another one. As goofy as it looks, I kind of like it. It's a kid having fun:

Attachments

• my_plane.jpg
    my_plane.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 26
Pretty cool.

Kids have a lot of imagination and neat ideas. Later, it all gets trained out of them when somebody says, "That'll never work!".

Here's another one. As goofy as it looks, I kind of like it. It's a kid having fun:

That plane is going to need BIGGER wings and two motors:hairraise::hairraise::eek:

Is that a Hot Wheels track in the background?
Man, I loved my hot wheels track. That was until mom figured out how well that flexible track worked for a switch. Had my a$$ beat a few times with that stuff. Then I burned it with the weekly trash!:wink2:

How much runway does it need? Is that a castering nosewheel I see? How does one get used to that? What about rain? Don't you get wet? What about parts availability? Looks cramped compared to fat ass Cessnas and Pipers. What about the back seats? Looks like it can't carry that much either.

Is it "twitchy", and hard to land?

:D

Back