My Mooney Page

Michael

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
CapeCodMichael
Well, It's not exactly done..but Ive been working on an online journal..the layout so far, and wanted some feedback. I hope to do sorta what Bo has done with his Mouse site.
have a look and let me know what ya think...?
http://www.autoglassnetworks.com/newma.html

Michael

Aside from the exceptionally small text on my 1600x1200 resolution, that's a cool site! Love the navigation. Very smooth transitions, too.

Brian Austin said:
Aside from the exceptionally small text on my 1600x1200 resolution, that's a cool site! Love the navigation. Very smooth transitions, too.

I can't read any of the text due to the very small font. And with my browser(Firefox 1.0.2), the font sizing functions don't work on your home page either.

So i guess what your saying is the fonts are too small....
Im looking for new fonts now. Thanks!

Michael

Michael said:
Well, It's not exactly done..but Ive been working on an online journal..the layout so far, and wanted some feedback. I hope to do sorta what Bo has done with his Mouse site.
have a look and let me know what ya think...?
http://www.autoglassnetworks.com/newma.html

Michael

Thanks for the compliments. (Why haven't you signed my guestbook?)

The site looks nice, but is a little short on content yet. The text is small, but I personally had no serious problem with it. I would suggest staying with a more readable font (that's why I use Arial, and I note that most of the POA site uses Arial).

The one complaint is the load time on dialup. Adding video is a nice touch, but leave it off the home page so the viewer can choose to have the wait time for the download.

I think it needs a 'period' as in "." between Diana and drugrunners!

"Meeting AOPA webboarder Diana drugrunners, (etc......)"

most of us prefer some space between our names and such things :)

I downloaded the homepage in 7 seconds and can read the font. (my presbyopia is just beginning though)

Howdja get those clouds to move? Very cool.

Last edited:
Let'sgoflying! said:
I think it needs a 'period' as in "." between Diana and drugrunners!

"Meeting AOPA webboarder Diana drugrunners, (etc......)"

most of us prefer some space between our names and such things :)

OMG! I just saw that one. LOL!!! That's funny. :D

Michael, I guess we will have to explain that one some day. ;)

Your site looks good so far. I just leaned forward a bit to see the little words.

I don't know if you increased the font size, but I can read it on my computer at work which has a slightly larger display than my laptop at home. I assume it's due to the preliminary condition, but all of the links to other pages route to an " under construction" frame. And speaking of frames, your whole page takes up only a quarter of the area on my display and zooming the page presents only a portion of your work in that same small area. I believe there are ways to allow the whole thing to use more area on a high resolution monitor and I think this would be of great benefit.

I also agree with Bo's comment WRT the video. Perhaps you could include a "play video" button and initially just show the first frame.

Lance,

It looks like the whole thing is encapsulated into a Macromedia Flash player file, including the text.

I'm still trying to figure out why the text looks so hard to read, besides the fact that it's a very thin, sans-serif font. A different font and spacing might help. Michael, on the main page, is there some sort of non-solid background behind the "January 2005...." text? It looks like the blue border immediately surrounding it is dotted or hatched, and if that pattern's behind the text, it could be making it harder to read too.

Way cool story - "I can buy this?" Heheheh. Good to see you didn't let that power go to your head.

-Rich

P.S. Every time I see your posts, I want to set myself on fire! :zap!:

A very nice site.

I still want to begin playing at making a site of my own too, but these types of sites make me feel like such a dummy. I didn't have any trouble reading it.
I love your avatar. Did you make that too? May I steal it for my e-mails?

Let'sgoflying! said:
Howdja get those clouds to move? Very cool.

Thanks. Its all done with flash. I just took some cloud pictures, and made them fade in and fade out in different spots on the screen, which gave the apperance of a moving cloud mass.

Diana said:
OMG! I just saw that one. LOL!!! That's funny.
biggrin.gif

Michael, I guess we will have to explain that one some day.
wink.gif

We will explain it, as soon as I get around to writting it. LOL. Let me just clear the record here...Diana is in now way affiliated with drug running..that I know of..

rpadula said:
Every time I see your posts, I want to set myself on fire!

ACK! Please dont. That was not my intention when I placed the avitar on here. But i had the sneaking sus****ion that a few might actually do it.

Kieth Lane said:
I love your avatar. Did you make that too? May I steal it for my e-mails?

Steal away :)

Thanks everyone for the critique. I know what a few of you are saying about dial up and all...but 2 years down the road, dialup will be a thing of the past. kinda like when your kid looks at you funny when you mention records or 8 tracks. Noone will remember what dial up is. The majority of households, and hotels, airports now have broadband available. So i choose to make my site, with that in mind. Why not use the broadband for something artistic.
As far as the text..I am still working on it, as well as the layout. When it is all done, i will get a domain for the site and let you all know where it is.

Thanks again,

Michael :dance:

Ok, I have messed with the page a bit, took all of the advise and implemented it.
Thanks guys.

Michael

Michael said:
Ok, I have messed with the page a bit, took all of the advise and implemented it.
Thanks guys.

Michael
Looks good Michael. And thanks again for the kind words. I had fun on our flights, too. :)

I like your new avatar, btw.

Back