My little girl's first flight

Swampfox201

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Todd W.
My four year old had her first flight today and I thought I'd share a couple pictures.

The weather was great but a little bumpy. She had a blast!!! I've had people ask why I spent all that time and money learning how to fly when I farm for a living. These pictures should answer that question. :)

img3656r.jpg

img3661f.jpg

Congrats. Flying with your kids is the coolest thing ever!

Fabulous. There will be years of enjoyment and memories ahead of the places and sights you both will see.

My wife and I were showing my now 10 year old son pics of his first flight from Tulsa to Fredericksburg, tx 30 minutes ago. He was just shy of 2. One where he stood and stared out the window from the back of the Cherokee six just watching the scenery. The other asleep on my sleeping wife's chest clutching his giraffe.

Wonderful memories! Great shot of you and the little lady!! Definitely a wall hanger.

That is awesome. I have three boys and they all love to take turns sitting up front and flying the plane. These are some of my favorites.

They are my six year old and my twelve year old at the controls. I can't find one of my nine year old, so I will have to remedy that soon.

IMG_7778.JPG

IMG_7786.JPG

Abram

When I took my 8 year old daughter ( now 16) flying for the first time it was amazing. The joy on her face as she got so excited when I cranked over the prop with the canopy open on the Tiger well that was just the kind of look a dad will never forget. Glad you had a great day in the air with your daughter!

Nice work. It's always a pleasure to share the joys of flight with someone new...it's even better when you share it with one of your children. Truly the start of wonderful passion.

Thanks everyone!

All I have of my first flight are a couple of pictures. When I took each of my kids up I made a short music video marking the occasion. When I get my daughters done I'll see if I can remember to post of link to it here.

That's so great man!

I stopped at the local uncontrolled field for fuel today and the EAA was doing their Young Eagles flights. The looks of those kids...priceless.

Way cool, indoctrinating the pilots of tomorrow. Keep up the good work.

Nice looking spawn, by the way.

Nice video. One thing I forgot when responding above. My first flight with my family was on father's day. We flew a short hop from KPNE to N12 ( Lakewood NJ) to visit my mother in law. Perhaps it was a 25 minute flight. Anyway I recall another child and her mother asking my daughter what she did for fathers day and she said she flew to her grandmothers. The mother knew it was a short drive perhaps 1.3 and said " YOU FLEW" how did you do that. Rachel's response was something to the effect of " Yeah my dad is a pilot, he flies airplanes" in a very non chalant way that only an 8 year old can manage. Man I was living on a cloud for days after I heard here say that.

Back