My last solo hours!

Kevin87

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Kevin87
Well I finished my solo hours, and ready for my checkride!

I had a lot of fun through my training, and I am pretty proud so I thought I would post a video of my approach and landing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkOsiEN3jEA

Hope all you aviators enjoy the video.

Last edited:
nice job kid! good luck on the checkride!

Very nice. What is that song?

Thanks Jason. The song is Easton Corbin - Are You With Me (Lost Frequencies Remix)

It reminds me of summer so I enjoy it.

Nice video,good camera placement. Good luck on the check ride.

Thanks Ron I appreciate it.

Ugh, those stupid wind check calls.

Nice video! Good luck on the ride.

Thanks cpt_kirk. Yeah the wind was pretty strait from the East all day so not sure why they wanted the check. They were just being safe I guess.

Yup James you got it. It's an Evektor SportStar Plus.

That was some nice Centerline work:yes::yes:

Crush That Checkride!!!:thumbsup:

Thanks guys!
You can't possibly fail with all the help and support you've gotten from PoA. ;)

Oh, and FWIW, don't stop logging solo when you're the only one in the airplane. You have to show solo time beyond the PPL checkride in order to meet the experience requirements for a commercial rating if you go there.

Thanks for the encouraging words guys.

PoA really does have some awesome content that has helped me out through my training.

Nice video congrats what kind of plane is that?
Also that approach you look really low could just be the video and it looks like you have plenty of flat land anyway lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice video congrats what kind of plane is that?
Also that approach you look really low could just be the video and it looks like you have plenty of flat land anyway lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I think the video makes it look lower. Not quite sure. There is a PAPI on the left side, but it doesn't look like the camera picked it up.

The aircraft is an Evektor SportStar.

Gopros do tend to make you look lower than you are. At one point I had to do a pretty aggressive slip to get down, but the video made it look like I was right on the glideslope the whole time but that I got a little low at the end.

I wonder if it is the angle or the camera. I'll have to try a different one next time I fly to see if it makes a difference.

Back