My landing video

Cant tell if you were on centerline or not...Great job. Those trees are crazy.

When I was on final I commented on how wide the runway was then as I got closer I noticed the small PVC runway side markers which narrowed up the runway a bit. I don't remember the trees being as bad as they appear in the video. Also you don't get a good look at the windsock but it was pretty much a 90 degree crosswind.

They don't look that bad. I'm sure you get closer to the ones at Gastons when you go in between them.

When I was on final I commented on how wide the runway was then as I got closer I noticed the small PVC runway side markers which narrowed up the runway a bit. I don't remember the trees being as bad as they appear in the video. Also you don't get a good look at the windsock but it was pretty much a 90 degree crosswind.

Yep, at about 8 kts

That smile is a true sign of someone who loves flying.

Good landing (close trees)

That smile is a true sign of someone who loves flying.

Good landing (close trees)

...but no aero-enhancing open oil door.

Nice landing! Just ignore the trees. THey're to the side of the runway. As long as you keep the runway centerline, they aren't a factor (excet in creating turbulence). :)

Check out the video my buddy made of me landing yesterday.
Loved the videos! Liked your smiles even better. :)

That airfield looks like a fun place! Do they sell fuel to transients? I might want to land there on my grass strip tour in May.

Loved the videos! Liked your smiles even better. :)

That airfield looks like a fun place! Do they sell fuel to transients? I might want to land there on my grass strip tour in May.
Yes they do. You may want to call ahead though, no one was there the day we visited. There's an operator on the field that does restorations. I would love to stop by and tour their place.
http://www.barnstormersworkshop.com/main.php

Back